Getting Ready for the Day

Destiny

After Javius dropped me off, I'm sure the people who are in charge of seeing the security cameras, probably was thinking that I'm a hoe or something. My outfit gave the wrong impression and then I gave him exactly what he was looking for... damn. Anyway, I didn't want to think about it any longer, so I started to get my room together. Going in one of my small bags, I grabbed out my speaker.

It's small and blue, but I hope that it's as loud as the speakers at concerts. I charged it up as I connected my Bluetooth and started to play  Skilla Baby album, Detroit Raised Me. The song, "Detroit Raised Me" started playing, but I changed it to EBT and the smooth baby voice of my future man, Trevon (Skilla Baby) could be heard.

When I'm cleaning or putting things away, I have to play music. That's the only way I'm going to get anything done. I started rapping along to the lyrics as I began to put my things away in my new home.

"If I take a nigga bitch on a trip, he ain't gone get her back. Put her on a flight over night, I'm really into that. Pussy good as hell, I take her in Chanel to get a bag."

Y'all cannot tell me that this man is not a hard ass rapper. I need to meet him one day. Getting back to the task at hand, I put my bra's, panties, socks, and scarves into the top dresser. In the second one, I put my shirts. The third is more shirts, and the fourth is also pants. I have way too many clothes that I have to add more clothes to the three drawers that are connected to my dresser.

For all my dressy-ish type clothes, they're definitely going in the closet along with my jackets, and coat. I really can't wait to go out for my first time away at college. I wonder what my first party will be like. This one girl I met from Instagram that goes here, we ended up being put on the same floor. She's actually super chill and I think me and her will be good friends. I hope so, I don't want to go through the school year without any friends.

I also met the girl I'd be sharing a bathroom with, and she's pretty nice. Short, darkskin, and thick. I love meeting pretty girls. She seems mostly shy though, but her family seems chill. I cleaned off my desk as I started setting up my baskets. In the baskets, I put hair products for my clients and myself in one, with makeup, bathroom wipes, and eyebrow razors in the other one. I laid out my perfume, lotion, phone holder for recording, bottles of dish detergent, flashlight, mugs, and laptop charger behind the baskets.

It looks crowded, but I like how everything is laid out. On the top part of my dresser is another shelf which I put a basket with my toothbrush, toothpaste, razors, skincare, mouthwash, and toothpicks in. Next to it are my cotton swabs, glass containers filled with cotton swabs, and cotton swabs. Also, there's more lotion, and my speaker with the charger. I have certain lotions that I use on different occasions. I put my paper towel and tissue on top of the container in the corner along with my headed dryer (I just sit under), and other bags.

On the outside of my closet, I managed to put sticky hooks on the door so I could hang up all of my purses. On top of my dresser is my tv, expensive perfume, small lotion, lint roller, tape, and batteries. In front of my dresser is my ring light that my mom gave to me. My three rugs are laid out perfectly with the black one in front of my bed, the red one in front of my door and in the middle of the floor, with the white one in front of my dresser.

Under my desk are some of my cleaning supplies, blow dryer, grocery bags, and small handheld vacuum. On top of my dresser are more cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, an iron, and rags. On the left of the dresser, is my rack with my seasonings, plates, bowls, cups, plastic silverware, blender, air fryer, and electric skillet. Next to that is my ironing board, step stool, mop, mop bucket, broom, and dustpan.

I wanted to get bathroom decorations such as curtains and mats, but my roommate got them first. Green isn't my favorite color but shit we're going to have to make it work. I'm just glad that I don't have to share a room. That would honestly suck big time. My stand and mannequin head are on the edge of my bed along with my laundry basket, and printer that's on top of my foldable table.

I managed to put led lights on my wall up before I got in the shower. I turned off my music as I laid my shoes out perfectly in the closet, and put all of my towels, next to my shoes. Not all of my shoes fit in the closet, so I put some under my bed. In the two empty drawers connected to the closet, I put all of my nail supplies in one. I customize crocs so in the other one, I put some pairs of crocs along with croc supplies, fur slides I'm selling, and a jumpsuit that I'm still trying to sell. Checking the time, it read 3:20 before I managed to go to sleep.

****

When I woke up, all that could be heard is voices out in the hallway. As far as I know, there's only two other black people in this dorm. So, for my first night at college, I slept with a guy, then got dropped off at my dorm, and managed to put my room together. I honestly just want to forget about Javius. Today is the day that I want to meet more people. I'm going to see if the girl I met from Instagram, Kayla wants to do something.

I just can't wait to go to these parties. I'm definitely throwing my ass and showing it. Just thinking about how hype these parties gone be, making me smile hard as hell. Everything that happened yesterday is starting to creep up on me, but I won't let it get to me. Everyone makes mistakes at college. I wanted today to be different, so I'm going to have positive energy. I checked the time on my phone and it's 11:30 am.

Getting up, I connected my phone to my speaker as I looked at the messages from my sister.

Daniella: "Hey girl, how's everything going?"

Me: "Hey, everything's going well. I finished setting up my room. What's Aaliyah doing?"

Daniella: "Send me a video and she's right here eating her cereal. She was being greedy and ate my pizza, then wanted some cereal lmao."

Me: "Ok and lmao. She always eating something." 

Daniella: "Right, what do you have up for today?"

Me: "Nothing much as of right now. Imma see if this girl I met wants to do something."

Daniella: "Ok, have fun."

Me: "Ok, thanks."

Honestly, I miss my niece really bad. I've never really been away from her for longer than least a month. After what happened before I came here, I don't really want to talk to my family. I have to keep them at a distance. Those flashbacks be killing the fuck out of me. I wish I could just forget about what happened. I wish it didn't happen.

I just had to shake things off. I'm no longer around those that hurt me, so I won't have to go through it again. I'm away in a new place and I'll meet people who'll help me forget what happened. I'll finally be able to be happy. Taking a deep breath, I thought about how I didn't have to clean the bathroom since I've already cleaned it yesterday. What should I wear today? I want to make a good impression on those around me.

I might just be staying in the house, but there's a lot of people in this dorm. Getting out of bed, I went to my dresser, and pulled out an oversized shirt. I need something under it, so I grabbed my white spandex shorts, and a bra. Throwing my clothes on the bed, I went over to my desk. Grabbing my baby lotion and deodorant, I put them both on the bed as well. I then grabbed my basket full of my bathroom routine items and brought it into the bathroom.

I realized that I didn't put my towels on hangers, so I grabbed three towels from out the closet. The wash and face towel go on the same hanger, while the dry towel goes on its own. Bringing everything to the bathroom, I walked back into my room just to make sure that my room door is locked. My mom bought me a pack of door stoppers just to ensure that I'm safe. Today's going to be a good day.