First Party Experience

Destiny

I woke up by the sounds of doors shutting loudly. My room is only two doors down from the stairs, so I hear everything in the stairway. Checking my phone, the time said 7:30. I sat up in bed as I went to my messages on my phone to text Kayla. I texted her letting her know that I'm getting ready now. She didn't respond, so I took that as a sign that she's getting ready. This is going to be my first party ever. I really hope I make some friends at this one. I did see a lot on social media about people saying to make at least one friend, and they'll help make your college experience better or worse.

I'm just nervous all together. Hopefully Kayla and I become closer as the school year goes by. I'm a shy person and I've really only had online friends, even though my family talked down on it. I just have to get out of my comfort zone and learn how to be myself around people. I'm so used to being the girl that my family and their friends know of that doesn't really speak to people. It's time that I pop my shit and act my age. I'm eighteen for God's sake! I need to learn how to live my life, how I want to live it.

My phone vibrated as I checked to see who texted me.

Kayla: "Hey, ok. I am too." I connected my phone to my speaker as I have to make sure I have music playing while I'm getting ready. I also have to plug my phone up because we can't have it dying on me. Who knows what time I'll coming back to my dorm, and I don't play about my phone battery. I need to get hype, so I'm going to play some music that's going to do the job. Megan Thee Stallion Crybaby started playing as I turned my volume up louder. I need to feel the beat in my bones, and I know I'm not the only one who's like that.

Going to my closet, I'm debating on what I should wear. It's not really that cold, but I'm sure the wind is blowing a little bit. We're hopefully going to drive to Campus Creek, because I don't know where that's at, or how far it is especially by walking. I could possibly wear this blue see through dress that has patterns on it, but I'm going to be shaking my ass. I don't need my ass to be showing. I have a similar red dress that's exactly like the blue dress, and I know that I don't have a black thong. This shit is so stressful.

I could also wear this pair of booty shorts with a shirt that my sister gave me. What should I wear? I need to stand out completely. I need to have all eyes on me. After about five minutes, I decided on what to wear. My blue jean booty shorts, black silk shirt that stops under my titties and has long sleeves, that ties in the middle, my black Gucci sandals, and my clear purse. I checked the time again and I know that I need to hurry up, so I grabbed my towels, and got in the shower. I stayed in the bathroom for about fifteen minutes before I got out.

Once I got out, I grabbed my lotion, deodorant, and started getting ready. I've already shaved before I came here, so I don't have to shave again for a couple of days. I got dressed as fast as I could while twerking to my girl Megan. Afterwards, I decided to call Kayla to see what's going on.

Me: "Hey miss girl. Are you done getting ready?"

Kayla: "I'm almost done. About to be heading to Cramer in a minute."

Me: "Ok, I need about five minutes, and I'll be ready to go."

Kayla: "Ok." Then she hung up.

I sprayed on my Marc Jacobs Perfect perfume as I put my things in my clear purse. I kept my phone in hand as I grabbed my shoes. I texted Kayla and asked for her to send me her location. I'm not familiar with the area, so I definitely need help finding my way around here. Once I was finished getting ready, I checked myself out in the mirror a couple of times before I decided to leave. I locked my door as I walked down the hall.

The excitement took over me as I basically speed walked down the flights of stairs, as I followed her gps. The gps showed a ten minute walk if I walk fast enough. During my walk, I noticed a bunch of people walking outside as well. I wonder if they're all going to the parties scheduled for tonight. Who knows, I guess I'll see. My thighs rubbed together as I continued to walk and I honestly started to feel a little anxious. I decided to call Kayla because I started to feel uneasy about this whole thing.

"Hey Kayla, I'm walking to Cramer now."

"Hey girl, we're actually at Campus Creek right now." Umm, what?

"When did y'all leave from there? I thought I was going to be able to ride with you."

"We were pregaming then she decided to leave, so we left." The way she said it just seems like she doesn't give a fuck. Maybe this wasn't a good idea at all. I should've just stayed my ass home instead of walking all over the place.

"Ok, can you share your location with me for the night? I don't know where Campus Creek is."

"Yeah." Then she hung up. This shit just pissed me off. I thought she said I could go with them. If her friend or even Kayla decided to leave, she could've called me. Once I got her location, I see that it's in the opposite direction of where I just came from. I would have to walk back towards my dorm and keep going in that same direction. So, I did what I thought was best. I started walking in the direction of Campus Creek. It's 25 minutes away. The shit I'd do just to attend a party is outrageous.

As I walked, cars passed by me and quickly as I cursed myself in the head for not having a car. This shit is embarrassing. I have confident that I look good in my outfit, so I'm trying to remain positive. My feet started to get tired, but I knew I have to make it to this party. I stopped at a light as cars kept going by. As I'm walking, I noticed a big brown-skin guy with dyed blonde hair, cross the street, and started walking my way. He's probably going the opposite direction. I tried to ease my thoughts as I watched my surroundings.

Me being me, I pay attention to what's going on around me sometimes. I won't say all the time, cause you will eventually catch me slipping. I kept looking behind me to make sure he's not trying to kidnap me or something. Trust me when I say that he's a big dude, I mean that. Unlocking my phone, I checked Kayla's location to make sure I'm going in the right direction. I just have to keep going straight until I come to a plaza on my right side. This is a long way from my dorm. Hopefully Kayla will be able to take me back home.

Before I knew it, the guy started walking next to me. "You're going to the party too?" I looked at him as I nodded my head.

"Yeah." I noticed other people walking as well, so I shouldn't be alarmed if someone's going the same way I am. They're just most likely going to the party. "Are you a freshman?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am."

"Ok, I'm a sophomore. Hopefully this party will be fun." I nodded my head once again as we came up to the plaza. Cars continued to turn down the street of the plaza, so I figured that's where everyone's at. We both turned down that route as I watched the location. There's no street lights down this road, so I'm getting a bit paranoid. Something or someone can just jump right at me from the many trees, around here swinging in the breeze. Once I made it through the street, I came upon a whole bunch of townhomes.

On my right, the townhomes are blue, red, and yellow. There's a bulldog statue right in front of the homes. Next to the statue, there's a wooden statue sort of thing like what was used for hangings back in the day, or whatever it is. I could hear loud music coming from both sides of me with cars pulling into either side. On my right side, there's a small building which I'm guessing is the lease building. Next to that building are townhomes colored neutral, as the homes continued down that hill until I couldn't see them anymore.

Looking down at Kayla's location, I noticed that she's on the right side. I decided to call her because I feel like I'm going to get lost trying to find her. Cars pulled deep towards both sides. "Do you mind staying on the phone with me till I find you? I'm here at the entrance and it's a lot going on." I spoke.

"Yeah, let me know when you're here." Loud music poured into my ears from all around me as I nervously wanted to find her asap. I don't know anyone besides her here and so far, I'm not enjoying myself. I just need to get out of my head and put myself out there. After a couple minutes, I made it close to where her location said she's at. People parked their cars as they walked towards where the music is coming from. I can't lie, I wish that was me. Having a car would be my dream.

"I don't see you. Are you in a house or in the parking lot?" She didn't respond as the music continued to blast.

"Hello?" I tried to get her attention once again, before I decided to hang up. I knew I shouldn't have come to this damn party. Now I look stupid as hell.