2 Dumb Kids by Levent Geiger

Pov:Natsu Dragneel

I finished setting up the recording equipment and took a bite out of my torch, placing it back in the cup.

"Give me an idea for the song, someone, anyone, I'll take anything." I said, trying to get an idea for what the sound should be about.

"What about a guy whose girlfriend left him for his best friend?" Metalhead said.

"No, no, what about a girl who's trying to fit in with the crowd but later decided to accept herself?" Sting says.

"How about a girl who's having trouble with a guy and finally gets over him?" Laxus said.

"Or two best friends who fell apart over time?" Emo Rogue said.

"That! Say it again Rogue." I exclaimed.

"Two best friends who fell apart over time?" Emo Rogue repeated.

"Yes! That's it, let's do that." I said.

Everyone thought it over and nodded, agreeing with the idea and starting on it.

"Okay, Metalhead and Wendy will work on what instruments to use. Sting, Emo Rogue and Laxus will tinker with each instrument in order to help Metalhead and Wendy decide which ones to use. I'll work on the lyrics." I said.

Everyone agreed and we got to work, Sting, Emo Rogue and Laxus tinkered with the instruments and Metalhead and Wendy picked out with ones that would fit and which ones wouldn't.

After picking out the instruments, I started on the lyrics.

"Cause we were only.. only.." I muttered.

"Would you two stop acting like dumb kids and be careful with the instruments?" Laxus groaned, telling Sting and Metalhead to be careful.

"Cause we were only.. two dumb kids.. that's it! Cause we were only two dumb kids with too many problems, all those years that we tried to solve them, now I see, you're all that I wanted, makes me wanna do it again." I snapped, standing up faster than when Gray takes off his clothes.

Everyone looked at me and then looked at each other, they all knew I had lyrics running through my mind, going 100 miles a second. I walked over to everyone else and gave them each a random instrument. Then walked over to the mic and took a deep breath and then began.

"I don't wanna die, don't wanna young
And you've been on my mind, yeah, for some time now
Haven't felt alive since you and I
But tell me everything, how you been?"

The others caught on and began playing a random beat, trying to match the tone I was using.

"And I just wanna know, was it hard for you?
Did someone take my place while we went through changes?
You know I would give it all up for you
Just to see where this could go
'Cause we were only two dumb kids with too many problems
All those years that we tried to solve 'em
Now I see you're all that I wanted
Makes me wanna do it again
Yeah, we were only two dumb kids with too many problems
All those feelings I had forgotten
Now I see you're all that I wanted
Makes me wanna do it again, yeah"

They tweaked the beat a bit and began playing a catchy beat to play that matched the lyrics perfectly.

"Tryna make it all make sense
This the night to get faded
Yeah, girl, you know I be waiting
This don't have to be complicated
Yeah, uh, uh, uh
Know you wanna say yeah, uh, uh, uh
I just wanna know, was it hard for you?
Did someone take my place while we went through changes?
You know I would give it all up for you
Just to see where this could go"

"'Cause we were only two dumb kids with too many problems
All those years that we tried to solve 'em
Now I see you're all that I wanted
Makes me wanna do it again
Yeah, we were only two dumb kids with too many problems
All those feelings I had forgotten
Now I see you're all that I wanted