Through the Fire and the Flames

(I wasn't able to fit the whole tilted by the song is 'Through the Fire and the Flames' by DragonForce. Enjoy :3)

Pov:Sting Eucliffe

Natsu chose me to sing the song, me? His reasoning is cause it'll sound better, but he's normally the lead singer of the group, what if I screw up? What if I freeze up??

"Sting? Hellooo, earth to Sting?" Natsu's said, waving his hand in front of my face.

I snapped out my thoughts and looked at him.

"Y-yeah?" I responded.

"You ready? I already have the lyrics written down, wanna look them over?" He asked, handing me the lyrics sheets.

I took the lyrics from his hand and looked it over, Natsu was an amazing writer, even if most didn't know. But when it came to making lyrics, it was incredible, it's as if he used magic to make the lyrics.

I scanned over the lyrics, reading each line and phrase.

"Wow, this is great," I mumbled.

"Thanks," he smiled, walking over to the others and handing them the music sheets for each of their instruments.

"Of course, the lyrics are great, Salamander wrote them, he's the best writer we know, aside from Levy and that green haired guy." Gajeel spoke out.

"His name is Freed and he's not really a writer.." Laxus said, glancing at Gajeel.

"He writes enchantments, right?" Gajeel asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah but-" Laxus was cut off.

"There you go, a form of writing, so he's a writer." Gajeel remarked, turning his attention to his sheet of music.

Laxus rolled his eyes and decided to ignore Gajeel and just focus on his music sheet.

Then Happy walked in and tugged on Natsu's pants, Natsu looked down at him and then knelt down in order to reach his level.

"What's up little buddy?" Natsu asked, patting Happys head.

"Did Lily, Lector, and Frosch come over?" Happy asked.

"No, sorry bud, I think they stayed back." Natsu said.

Yeah, we told Lector and Frosch to stay back at Sabertooth so that they wouldn't be bored. But now I feel bad cause Happy asked for them.

"Lily stayed back with Levy so that he had someone to talk to," Gajeel said, looking down at Happy. "He's probably still at the Guild, you can go see him if you want."

"Thanks, Gajeel!" Happy exclaimed, flying out the window and heading to FairyTail.

After Happy left. we all went back to setting up for the song. Natsu was going to take my place in playing as one of the guitarists. 

"You ready Sting?" Natsu asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be..." I mumbled, still a little nervous to be the lead singer of this song.

I tried calming myself down by taking a deep breath and then rolled my shoulders back, relaxing my body.

"On a cold winter morning
In the time before the light
In flames of death's eternal reign
We ride towards the fight.
When the darkness has fallen down
And the times are tough alright.
The sound of evil laughter falls
Around the world tonight
Fighting hard, fighting on for the steel
Through the wastelands evermore
The scattered souls will feel the hell.
Bodies wasted on the shore.
On the blackest plains in Hell's domain
We watch them as they go.
Through the fire and pain and once again we know!
So now we're flying we're free.
We're free before the thunderstorm.
On towards the wilderness
Our quest carries on.
Far beyond the sundown
Far beyond the moonlight
Deep inside our hearts and all our souls!
So far away we wait for the day.
For the lives all so wasted and gone
We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days.
Through the fire and the flames, we carry on!
As the red day is dawning
And the lightning cracks the sky.
They'll raise their hands to the heavens above.
With resentment in their eyes
Running back through the midmorning light
There's a burning in my heart.
We're banished from a time in a fallen land.
To a life beyond the stars
In your darkest dreams see to believe
Our destiny is time.
And endlessly we'll all be free tonight!
And on the wings of a dream
So far beyond reality
All alone in desperation
Now the time has gone.
Lost inside you'll never find.
Lost within my own mind.
Day after day this misery must go on!
So far away we wait for the day.
For the lives all so wasted and gone
We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days.
Through the fire and the flames, we carry on!
Now here we stand with their blood on our hands.
We fought so hard; now can we understand.
I'll break the seal of this curse if I possibly can.
For freedom of every man!
So far away we wait for the day.
For the lives all so wasted and gone
We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days.
Through the fire and the flames, we carry on!".

"That was great! Good job Sting." Natsu praised.

It felt nice to be praised by him, it would always send a tingly feeling throughout my whole body. I don't think anyone else felt that way whenever Natsu praised them, but I sure did. It was great, getting praised by your lifelong idol. Even though I did beat the shit outta him during the Grand Magic Games, but like Natsu always is, he got back up. Not only that, but he beat both me and Rogue by himself after sending Gajeel down a minecart. He really is something else.

"Thanks," I smiled.

We listened back to the recording and then started putting up the instruments, we then headed out and back to the studio where Fuchiki was.

"Yo, Fuchiki, we have another song if you wanna listen to it." Natsu said, walking over to Fuchiki's office and walking inside.

Is that so? Let me hear it then," Fuchiki said, spinning the chair around and facing towards Natsu.

Natsu played the song on the music player, and we all listened to it, it was one our longer songs, but it was still good.

"It's a bit longer than your other songs, but it's good, when do you want me to release it?" Fuchiki asked.

"Later today if that works." Natsu answered.

"Very well, do you have any other songs you want to show me?" Fuchiki asked.

"I mean we've had a few songs saved, but they're not really much of our best work." Natsu said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Well, don't hold out on me, go get them and then come back and show me!" Fuchiki insisted.