Solider, Poet, King by The Oh Hellos

Pov:Wendy Marvell

Natsu and the others looked over at me and gave me a smile, after hearing Lucy say that she hopes to hear a girl sing, I knew Natsu was going to want to make a song where I sung it. I can sing but I wouldn't say that I'm as good as the others, they're singing is amazing. Plus, my voice is too quiet and small.

"Meet me at my house later, m'kay Wendy?" Natsu said, patting my head and then leaving with Happy.

"Kay!" I answered, knowing why he wanted me to come over later.

I stayed back in the Guild for a little while longer and then started making my way to Natsu's house. I knocked on his door and he opened it for me, I walked in and then turned around to look at him.

"I just wanna know if you're okay with singing one song?" Natsu asked.

"I'm fine with it, did you already come up with a song?" I asked.

"Yeah, but it's nothing too hard for you to sing, to be honest, it might be one of our simpler songs. It's supposed to give that feeling of a sort of fairytale story." Natsu said, handing me a piece of paper that had the lyrics on it already.

I scanned over the page.

"Wow, it does feel like you're talking about a fairytale." I said, looking up and smiling at Natsu.

"Wanna try it out?" he asked.

"Yeah," I answered.

Natsu walked over and grabbed the mic, walking over with it and shortening it enough for me to be able to sing into it.

Natsu began playing a recording that had all the instruments playing already.

"There will come a soldier

Who carries a mighty sword
He will tear your city down, oh lei-oh lai-oh Lord
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh Lord
He will tear your city down, oh lei-oh lai-oh Lord
There will come a poet
Whose weapon is His word
He will slay you with His tongue, oh lei-oh lai-oh Lord
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh Lord
He will slay you with His tongue, oh lei-oh lai-oh Lord
There will come a ruler
Whose brow is laid in thorn
Smeared with oil like David's boy, oh lei-oh lai-oh Lord
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh Lord
Smeared with oil like David's boy, oh lei-oh lai-oh Lord
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh Lord
He will tear your city down, oh lei-oh lai... oh
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lai, oh
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lai, oh"

"That was great Wendy!" Natsu complimented.

"Thanks Natsu," I smiled,

Natsu was amazing when it came to making lyrics and mixing different instruments together in order to find a good beat. I always thought that Natsu was amazing in general, not just in music, but when we go on jobs too. When I think of Natsu, I sometimes see him as an older brother. Him and Gajeel are like the other brothers that argue all the time, Cobra is like that edgy brother, same with Rogue and then Sting is like the brother that tries to keep Natsu safe and then Laxus is like the one who watches all of us, even if he doesn't care much.

"Hey Wendy, I just wanna know if you wanna release this or not. It's okay if you don't wanna, I just wanna make sure." Natsu asked, holding out the recording for me to take.

I grabbed the recording and looked down at it, thinking about whether or not I wanted to release the song or not. I look up at Natsu and smile.

"Yeah, let's release it." I claimed, handing the recoding back to Natsu.

He just smiled and pushed the recoding back towards me.

"Lets go," he smiled, already making his way out the front door.

When Natsu opened it, he was instantly met with the familiar face of Lucy."

"Hey-" before Lucy could even finish her sentence, Natsu quickly closed the door.

"Put up the recording equipment, hurry!" Natsu whispered.

I quickly did as he said and put up the recording equipment. Natsu opened the door again.

"Hey Lucyyy, whatcha need?" Natsu asked, trying to act normal.

"Natsu are you okay? You literally slammed the door in my face not to long ago." Lucy said, eyeing Natsu with obvious suspicion.

"Yup, all good." Natsu smiled.

"You sure? You normally don't act all suspicious." Lucy remarked, trying to look past Natsu.

"Me? Suspicious? Neverrr!" Natsu remarked, getting past Lucy and out his house, I followed behind him, holding the recording close to me as to not allow Lucy to see it.

"What's that you're holding Wendy?" Lucy asked, reaching out to grab the recording.

Natsu quickly picked me up and pulled me out of Lucys reach.

"What the hell? What was that for?" Lucy asked.

"Y'know you can't just reach out and expect someone to just let you take something from their hands." Natsu retorted.

"Last I checked, it was Wendys, not yours." Lucy said.

"It doesn't matter whose it is, at least ask beforehand." Natsu argued.

Although Natsu was normally a cheerful, aloof and carefree person, there were some things he just took much more seriously. Like his friends, the music we make and respecting other things, although he doesn't really respect other people's things himself, but he still cares about whether or not other people respect other people's things.

"Geez, what are you? Her dad?" Lucy remarked.

"No, but I am her friend, I'm also your friend." Natsu said, putting me back down. "Anyways, let's get going Wendy."

"Okay," I said, beginning to walk towards Fuchikis studio again.

"Wait, where are you two going? On a job?" Lucy asked, beginning to follow us.

"No, we're going somewhere you don't need to know." Natsu said, picking up the pace in his walking.

Lucy continued following us and asking many questions, I didn't want to get caught up in their back-and-forth banter, so I just stayed silent and stayed close to Natsu. Natsu started getting annoyed by Lucys questioning and began running, using some of his magic to send him flying into the sky. I followed suit and did the same, using a sky dragon roar to follow behind Natsu. Lucy looked up at us and had an irritated expression on her face.

"Finally," Natsu mumbled, still flying through the air, beginning to fall down.

"That was a close one, wasn't it?" I spoke.

"Yeah, who knew Lucy could ask so many questions.." Natsu mumbled, getting ready to land back on the ground.

Natsu braced himself for a landing and before he could hit the hard, solid ground he used a fire dragon talon and broke his fall. I did the same but used a sky dragon wing attack instead of talon. We had landed in the center of Magnolia and began walking around, looking for the studio. We walked around, keeping our eyes open in case if we somehow passed by it.

"Well, well, well, look who the dragon dragged in." a familiar voice spoke.

Natsu quickly turned his head towards the voice, quickly getting excited and running up to the person.