Chapter 3

DAY 8

     Today I tried to communicate with a young woman who had brought me water after working in the field. Her yellow hair shone in the sun and she had a beautiful smile. She reminded me of my wife. I miss her so much.

     We tried to exchange some words and she told me something about her party and her joy. Her birthday? I congratulated her in my language and she bowed her head as if to accept my greeting.

     After returning to work, I saw little Nuriel trying to help her father, Arael, the village chief. Her names are so old, that sometimes I wonder if I have traveled back in time.

     Nuriel doesn't have the strength to carry the bags, but she wants to help her father. My oldest son Gerson was also like that, wanting to help me on the shores with fishing.

     These families are not that different from us, I judged too quickly that they were special, but they are just as human as I am.

DAY 11

     I haven't seen that young woman in the countryside handing out water for days. I asked but I did not understand well what they told me, her words were long and confusing.

     I asked Arael and only he told me "He will be back." Single word. Not even his family seemed concerned. I assume she would have traveled to the other side of the island.

     His wife, Haniel, has prepared another brew for me even though I feel better. "To regain strength," she told me.

     We discussed how to return home. Arael, has promised me that for helping them in the field, the carpenters and he will build me a boat to return home. According to him, they want to make me the best ship to prevent me from sinking again and returning, so that they don't have to return again and use me as a pawn again.
I wouldn't mind returning with my wife and children to this wonderful place.