Chapter 11

A man has arrived at camp, showing up at our tent. I recognized him immediately as he was one of the people on the island. He had been traveling all this time after fleeing Egypt. Was it pure chance that he came to us?
     Upon seeing Nuriel, he knelt before her, recognizing her as the daughter of the chief of the island. He told us that her parents died trying to defend themselves from a slaver who tried to sell them as a gift to the Romans.
     Nuriel cried that night.

     Ruth and I spoke with that man, named Jophiel. We asked him what was wrong with Nuriel, why she couldn't give Isaac children. What he told us was shocking: Resurrectors cannot have children with mortals. It was known when Pharaoh wanted to have a child with one of the women, but after trying with several, it was suspected that they could not. The same thing happened with the palace women who were used to test whether the Resurrector men could get them pregnant. It was something horrible and cruel, which they took advantage of just to use them.
     I was grateful to get Nuriel out of there in time before something happened.

    ''I would like to ask you a favor'' Jophiel looked at us with pleading eyes ''. Let me take Nuriel, she should be with someone like me. If the mortals see that when she reaches 20 she does not start to age, then they will go after her.''

     At that moment Isaac had entered and shouted at Jophiel to get out of there, that he had no right to take his wife. We tried to calm them down when they started fighting.
     Nuriel removed the sheet that she separated from the beds and ran towards them, preventing her husband from doing something crazy. She ended up getting hit by mistake and the fight ended. It had been a long time since she had seen fear in her eyes.

     The entire camp found out about the fight, kicking Jophiel out of the place for being a provocateur and continuing to point fingers at Nuriel, but this time for another reason.
     She and Isaac agreed to leave camp away from us and the campers. None of them wanted to cause more trouble than they had.

     I wish them both the best.