Chapter 17

Nanon

"What?" Jay walked to me with what seemed to be anger on his face. He held my hand and pulled me away. "Am I a joke to you?"

"Jay, I know I..."

"SHUT UP!" He yelled and left my hand. He looked so hurt, and tears started forming in his eyes. "You do this always. I am what? A spare? Whenever you don't know what to do, you will come to me, is it?"

I felt like trash in that moment. I walked to him and tried to hold his shoulder. "Jay, I am sorry."

"You are sorry?" He asked, looking up at me with disbelief. "Tell me, Nanon. Why are you sorry? And what will happen even if you are sorry? You have made up your mind, haven't you?"

"Jay, you don't know what situation I am in. I am not in a state where I can think clearly. I am..."

"It's because of your heat cycle, isn't it?" He held my hand a bit tightly and looked into my eyes with his red tear-filled eyes. "You slept with him, so you started liking him."

"Jay that's..."

"That's what it is, right? Then I can do it too."

"Jay..." I tried to pull my hand out, but his grip was strong. He was trembling with what now seemed to be anger towards me.

"I can serve you well too. So well that you will forget him. Nanon, you know he doesn't love you. And you know I do. Then just imagine how good I am to you as compared to him."

"Jay stop." I tried to push him, but he did not leave my hand. "This is getting out of hand."

"No, I realise why I am the second lead in your life. I am always behind a step. But this time I need to one-up Ohm."

"What the fuck are you saying?" I asked this time, forcefully pushing him and yanking my hand away. He smirked, walked back to me, and pulled me again, this time holding me by my waist.

"Yes, I love you, Nanon. Listen, I will love you always, ok? I can do anything for you."

"JAY!" I tried to push him, but his grip was too strong for me.

Jay's lips were about to forcefully meet mine before I heard a sound of a punch, and Jay was on the ground. "I am sure dad and pa never taught anyone of us to do that forcefully, you scumbag." Ohm hissed and held my hand, slowly pulling me to stand behind him while glowering towards Jay.

Jay's mouth was bleeding from the corner now as he huffed and looked up at me. I trembled under his gaze, and Roy's memories filled my mind.

Again, I hate this world that makes me so weak physically. I held on to Ohm's sleeve when Jay's piercing gaze made me scared of him.

I could smell pheromones. Both Jay's and Ohm's So many alpha pheromones are making me feel dizzy. It's like someone is attacking me from both ends.

"Jay, I heard the whole thing. You better leave him alone." Ohm said that and turned to me. "Let's go."

Jay did not say anything. I turned to see him and saw him crying. He seemed hurt. But I am unable to help him. He is too aggressive, and I couldn't explain anything to him. Maybe someday I will be able to explain and apologise.

Ohm brought me to his room and closed the door.

I had to lean on the wall to calm down. My whole body is feeling hot and itchy. It is due to the pheromones, I know.

Ohm shook his head and sighed loudly before walking to the table and getting me a glass of water.

"Drink up," he said.