Chapter 29

Ohm

I somewhere had lost hope to see him smile at me like this ever. The way he is crossing the road to meet me. Being able to text him, plan lunch together, and make plans for the next weekend as well was all a dream that I had been seeing for the past few days. Now that it has come true, I am unable to contain my excitement.

"Hi!" I greeted him as he walked closer.

"Did I make you wait long?" He asked.

I shook my head and grinned. "Shall we go?" I asked.

He smiled and nodded, walking along with me.

"So, would you like a traditional Thai meal or something foreign?" I asked.

"Oh, I am fine with anything. How about sushi, though? You like it." He said that and paused.

"Uh... Yeah... That works too. Thanks." I said that and grinned, ignoring the awkwardness.

So here is the thing: He knows me. It is too well known to know my preferences. I know him from my dreams and sometimes flickering unusual scenes in front of my eyes. But I don't know what it is. I remember everything that happened to me before I went into coma. And after I woke up from it.

Then what else can it be?

As we reached the Japanese restaurant, Nanon's face lit up. "This is so cool. I have never been here before."

"I used to come here often. But I haven't gotten a chance to come after waking up from coma."

He paused and looked at me with strangely pained expressions for once before shaking it off with a vague smile. "Nice. Then you would know what to order. I am new to this cuisine. So, I would love it if you could recommend something nice. Maybe I'll develop a taste."

"Sure." I smiled.

So, my coma is something that is related to him as well.

As much as I want to bring it up, I also don't want to spoil the mood.

Nanon has started opening up to me. And I wish to hold on to him longer.

Will he tell me the truth, if he knows it?

Or will he stop hanging out with me?

Will I be able to find something on my own without having any clue about anything?

I don't care. I don't want anything to do with the past if that bothers him or me. I am not completely ready. Not at the cost of losing him. But I want to know too.

This also helps me realize that I am not just attracted to this guy. This guy feels like my life to me. As if I want to protect him with my life.

I sometimes feel like we are both on fire, and I am struggling to protect him while not caring about myself.

It happened in that studio that day. And after that, I have been getting this feeling of déjà vu.

But I am not strong enough to come up with the courage to ask him. There is no way it all happened in real life. And I need to get to the core of my hallucination.

There is another reason why I am hesitant. Nanon hugged me the first time we met. He said I resembled someone dear to him.

What if I press this thing and he thinks of going back to whoever he was?

Do they look like me?

If yes, then am I getting a chance to spend time with Nanon just because I look like someone?