6.

[ spinnin - madison beer ]

Cassie's POV
[1st Person]

He smiled at me brightly, lifted me up onto his shoulders, and moved to the left and right in a calming rhythm, his voice silently singing along to the songs the band in front of us were performing.

My little hands ruffled through his gray hair, and he looked up at me, mouthing the words.

I love you.

Tears prickled at my eyes, though they were not mine, they belonged to someone else, someone I prayed my whole life would come and take them back, take the pain back, fix the past five years, 5 years, and start over again, over again.

I didn't realize the two arms wrapped around me until I'd already found my way out of the grip and tumbled towards the bathroom, the only one.

My head wouldn't stop spinning, and I hated it for it, hated it for the memories that kept crawling back, hated it for not being able to forget, I just wanted to forget. Please let me forget.

I shut the door, forget, forget one forget two forget everything, I clawed at my scalp, ripping out some of my hair, forget let me forget God let me forget.

I avoided the mirror when splashing cold water into my face, making me even more nauseous than before.
I looked up into two lifeless eyes, so light blue sometimes I mistook them for blind ones, the ones who couldn't see the good in life, the ones she couldn't see in.

They weren't mine, but they were, and with these eyes came an emptiness.
I hated her for giving me these eyes and leaving them with me, leaving me with the responsibility to figure it out on my own, and I hated myself even more for her being the only one to be able to fill the emptiness.

He looked back to the stage and bumped his head, making me giggle. "daddy stop, I'm gonna fall backwards!"

He laughed and threw his head back, making me jump, but he caught me by my legs. "Like that?" He whispered, and I laughed.

A voice next to us did too. "My angels," she whispered before fading into the endless void.

My knees had buckled beneath me, and I had collapsed onto the cool tiles of the bathroom floor.

"Breathe 1, 2, 3 breathe angel you need to breathe."

1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3,

My body was shaking with silent sobs, and I begged for them to stop.

-

"Oi! Stop it, you idiot!" Christian yelled through the living room, chasing after Pat, who'd slapped him with a slice of cheese that still stuck to his cheek.

A tired Mitchel slumped down on the couch with nothing but sweatpants.

He rubbed his eyes and lifted his head, confused.
"Kras, stop yelling; Pat, stop being a dick." Pat rolled his eyes and mumbled something under his breath before walking to the bedroom.

I looked at Clinton, who was packing his things and trying to encourage his brother to do the same.
"What's going on?" I silently ask Clinton, not wanting others to know I did indeed not pay attention to their conversations over the past hour.

"Concert today. We told you." He gave me a side look and went back to packing his stuff.

"Righttt.." I breathed out—a concert, of course.

"How was the concert, sweetheart?" I giggled and walked up to her, wanting to grab her leg and hug it.
But her memory faded into the void before I reached her, and it stung; the blood on my cheek it burned, and the heart in my chest, it ached.

"Cassie?" Jesse was waving a hand in front of my face, eating a donut. "You coming?" I looked down at my feet, my backpack leaned against them. I nodded.

Mitchel's POV
[1st Person]

"Last show today, everyone, get your shit together we're on in 10," I yelled to the boys backstage.

This was nothing like the bar a few days before. Though the bar wasn't actually planned, we'd only just come back from a show and their performers had canceled on short notice, so we decided to play a few songs, but this venue was filled with a bit over 1.5k people here to see us.

Two years ago, when we released our first EP, "Dalliance," we barely had any listeners, but just half a year ago, when we released our EP, "Nostalgia," two of our songs went kind of viral, and since then, we've just been growing.
And writing.
A hell lot of writing.

"Mitchel can I talk to you?" Kras' voice echoed somewhere from behind, and I followed it until I stood face to face with him.

"What is it?" We were in a hurry, and Kras wanting to talk could end up in a two hour therapy session, which we didn't have time for.

"Why are you ignoring Cassie? I mean, c'mon, mate, last night you were all on about her. I mean, your eyes were literally eating her alive, and now? Look, I just know that that's shit behavior, and I heard her crying this morning. I dunno what happened between you two in literally two days, but what I know is that you need to get your shit together because the way you're treating her right now is fucked up."

Crying? Cassie was crying? because of me?

"Shit, she was? I'm so sorry I- I was so caught up with the concert and stuff. Oh my God, I have to talk to her." Kras clapped me on the back. "She's back there."

With fast steps, I make my way back. I should've realized this, she just got out of whatever household she was in, and I completely ignored her the next day.

"Cassie?" I frantically searched for her, and just as I turned around, ready to give up, I saw her. "Oh, thank God, Cassie, there you are. Are you okay?" I walk towards her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why did something happen?" She pops a cherry into her mouth, looking concerned.

"No, I.. Kras just- I'm sorry I've been ignoring you. It's been a stressful day, and I've been, you know, thinking about the concert and I-" warm hands find my cheeks and force me to stop moving my head and look down at her.

"Hey, Mitchel it's okay, you hear me? I get it." She chuckles, and my eyes soften. "I just thought because.. Kras heard you cry in the bathroom today..?"

Her smile falters, and her hands drop from my face. I immediately regret the words.

"That has nothing to do with you, Mitchel, we don't even know each other." She says, staring at her dirty converse.
"You should go, they've been searching for you." She then says that and turns around.

And suddenly I'm alone, suddenly everything is empty.