Chapter Forty One: Frontal Attack

41. Frontal Attack

11-05-2023

A/N: Hey guys, thanks for all the support and comments! I know I'm pushing these delays out but life's pretty damn stressful when you're an adult in college, and you feel burnt out sometimes. I'm doing my best to keep myself mentally healthy.

Q: What do you do for your mental health?

-----

"From out of nowhere, the paper tank is now finished!"

It was the day of the planned invasion. You were watching as Senku was excitedly sitting on top of the newly furnished tank with a makeshift helmet. It was twice as big as before, and solid to a T. A childlike smile was plastered on his face as he drove it around for a test ride.

"Kukuku, this is exhilarating!" Senku cried out.

You asked as you inspected the vehicle, "Since there's a barrel on it, will you actually fire something out of it without gunpowder?"

The scientist leaned over to get a look at you from below. A smirk secured itself on his face when he held up a leather pouch-like item. "Sure will! Using this leather rupture disks, of course."

"Please explain, Mr. Sciencer," you lightly pleaded as you watched Gen sweating with confusion.

"We use electrolysis on the water, making it bubble up. The hydrogen and oxygen gasses that it expels fill the rupture disk up and it expands until it goes BOOM! And it ruptures!" He explained the everybody.

"Ah, I get it! ...Hang on... then after you fire it just once, it's gonna be wrecked and done for, right?!" Chrome asked with a surprised look on his face.

An expression of confidence appeared as he replied, "Yeah, that's fine though. If a tank comes barreling it with its cannon blasting, just one shot would be enough to make anyone lose all will to fight, ten billion percent!"

"Well...he's not wrong about that," considered Gen, you nodding with agreement.

Kohaku piped up, "If we're trying to overcome them without any casualties, then this blitz attack we're opening with will be the very thing that decides this battle!"

With a laugh, Senku then added, "Yeah, and we're gonna need him! The man with the number one toughness! I think you know who I'm talking about, right (Y/N)?"

You looked at him with bewilderment. Not knowing what he was talking about, he turned toward the forest and had a grin on his face as you noticed two figures approaching your group. Squinting your eyes to get a better look, you realized who they were when the sun hit their faces.

Speaking softly, the lioness said, "How strange...We've never met, yet I already know your name."

"Taiju...and Yuzuriha!" You blurted out as your mouth stayed agape. You whipped your head back at your boyfriend with disbelief, and he nodded, signaling that it was really them.

You welcomed your best friends with open arms and caught them in a massive bear hug, which Senku avoided completely. Tears were overflowing as you couldn't hold them in. "I really missed you, Taiju, Yuzuriha!"

"We missed you guys too, (Y/N)!" cried Taiju as he held you and Yuzuriha tightly.

"Oi, you're gonna kill them both with your idiotic strength, you big oaf," said Senku.

"How did you guys know where we were? Did Senku call you?" You asked.

"Yup!"

The brute let go of you and you then turned to the seamstress, who quickly grabbed your hands. She spoke as she clasped her fingers around yours, "We have so much to tell you!"