11,tonsils removed

i get into matts car, he's to stressed out to drive right now since he is stressed about getting his tonsils removed. "thanks, julia." matt says in a soft voice as he sits in the passenger seat.

"no problem." i reply, smiling softly. i turn on the car once we both put on our seatbelts. i start to drive, it's pretty quite. matt turns on the radio. the song, popular by the weeknd comes on. this makes matt dance a little. he does his signature little dance with his pouty lips. which i think is adorable.

i laugh a little as i keep my eyes on the road. matt continues to dance. he has been really stressed about getting his tonsils removed for weeks, and im happy to see him forget about it for a moment.

"you look so cute when you do that." i say in a happy voice. "thank youuuu." matt blushes slightly.

after a few minutes the song ends and it's silent again. matt starts to zone out, i know what he's thinking about."you okay?" i say. matt nods and starts to bite his nails. i park the car in the carpark and turn to face him. i hold his hands. "talk to me, matt." i reply.

"im just-" he pauses, gathering himself. "im so- im so scared..to get my tonsils removed..im really scared. i don't want this done, it- it.." he starts to tear up. "hey, it's alright." i mumble. "everything will be okay." i continue.

matt slowly nods his head, trying to convince himself that everything will be okay. a tear rolls down his face. "matt..." my voice softens. matt sniffles and wipes his tears away. he gets out of the car and opens his arms, he knows i want to hug him.

i also get out of the car and walk over to him. i wrap my arms around him and he rests his head on my shoulder as he tries to contain his tears. his mental health has gotten worse over the few months. it hurts me to see him like this.

matt rubs my back and hugs me tighter, wanting more comfort. "matt, i love you. and everything will be fine." i reassure him. "i love you too." he says back to me, wiping his tears away and calming down.

i then hold his hand and walk with him inside the hospital. i sign him in and we are made to sit in these hospital chairs while waiting for the surgeon. "matt sturniolo?" the surgeon calls out. matt looks at me before looking at the surgeon. "that's me." matt stands up and walks with the surgeon.

3 HOURS LATER, 2:39PM:

matt comes out of the surgery room, immediately running over to me. he hugs me tightly. "i missed you." he says. "it was only three hours apart, but i guess i missed you too." i say softly. he kisses me.

i smile softly and walk back to the car with him. as i drive him home he starts to feel a little sick. he holds onto his stomach and moves his knees up to his chest. "you alright, matt?" i ask him. he shakes his head. "what's wrong?" i ask him.

"i feel sick.." he says in a quiet, held back voice. "that is a very common thing which happens after getting your tonsils removed." i say to matt. "I'll make you some soup and cuddle you when we get home." i add, which makes him smile a little bit.

"thank you, julia. i love you." he says. "i love you too." i reply.

authors note
well this was cute :))
don't be a silent reader
read and vote xx