20, fight

i sit at my desk in my house. its been two weeks since ive seem matt. we haven't spoken at all. we lost our snapstreak and he no longer cares. atleast i thought. all of the sudden i get a text from him on messages.

he didn't send me a heart

he didn't send me a heart. he always sends hearts. and he said he needed to talk? why not call me or talk to me earlier. something must be wrong. i get up from my desk and pack some things into a bag. i leave the house and walk over to matts. his house isnt that far away.

when i arrive at his house i unlock the door with the key i have. when i enter, i see matt sitting on the couch. "sit down please." he says in a serious tone. i sit down next to him. "whats going on?" i ask. "have you been cheating on me?" matt asks. i am blown away by that question. it takes me a few seconds to process what he said. "what!?" i yell, scooting away from him.

"why would you ask!?" i ask him. he sighs and pulls out his phone, revealing a photo of me kissing someone. that is me, but its an old photo. "matt, you need to listen. that photo is old. that photo is from when i had a different boyfriend, in 2020." i speak to him. he doesn't believe me. he rolls his eyes and stands up. "so your gonna believe some bitch who sent you an old glitchy picture over your own girlfriend!?" i say angrily.

"ex girlfriend!" he yells back, storming off. my heart breaks, this wasn't a small fight. he broke up with me. my heart is shattered. i dont say anything. i pick up my bag and leave the house. straight away i begin to cry. i cant deal with loosing him. i feel so powerless and lost. "why is this happening? what did i do wrong?" i say to myself as i walk down the street that he lives on, crying.

my eyes start to burn from crying so much. i walk to my friend iris's house. as i enter, she hugs me. "oh hon." she says in a worried tone. "whats wrong?" she asks, knowing im heartbroken. "he- he broke up with me.. matt, he..um, he broke up with me." i say, not being able to hold back tears. i continue to hug iris. "oh babe..fuck that dickhead. he doesn't deserve you." iris hugs me tight.

"we will watch movies, laugh, cry, eat a bunch of food, rate people, go off social media for days. i will make you feel better." iris is determined. i smile softly. she takes me up to her room. i sniffle and take some deep breaths. we sit down on her bed and she turns on her tv.  "what do you wanna watch?" iris asks, putting netflix on.

i think for a moment. "you can pick, i have no idea." i mumble a reply. iris nods and picks a movie that she hasn't watched. i lay down on her bed and watch the movie, she lays beside me.

TWO WEEKS LATER:

as i sleep in iris's bed, i get a tone of missed calls and texts from matt. 

i ignore his texts and calls, not wanting to speak to him

i ignore his texts and calls, not wanting to speak to him. im heartbroken from him and he wants to talk? no way.  iris wakes up and gets out of bed. she grabs some clothes and heads to the bathroom. i dont want to disturb her so i stay in her bed and go on my phone. a few minu later i hear the doorbell ring. iris isnt there to answer the door so i go downstairs to check who it is.

when i open the door, the person i see is matt. "i dont wanna talk to you." i try to close the door, he places his arm inbetween the door snd pushes it open. "please. julia, please." he begs. i sigh. "let me talk." he says.

i roll my eyes and let him in. sure i can ignore him online but not in real life. no way. he sits down on the couch, i stay standing. "im really sorry i believed the photo over your explainition. ive been lied to and cheated on multiple times. i just assumed things." matt speaks in a rushed tone, seeming very upset.

i take in what he's saying, once he finishes speaking i talk. "you have no idea how much you hurt me." i say coldly. he sighs and rubs his eyes. "i want a second chance. a chance to prove to you that i love you more than anything or anyone." matt says. i think about it. im broken but i want him, i miss him. "okay. this is your last chance." i mutter.

he becomes happy and smiles at me. "i missed you so much." he says in a quiet tone. he then stands up from the couch and hugs me. slowly, i give in. i wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his shoulder.