Chapter 9

Garmadon threw Lloyd into another wall. Lloyd then began to cough up blood. He was having trouble breathing too. Garmadon picked him up again, and threw him against the wall, but not hard enough to break it. Lloyd began to cough more. He stared at Harumi. For a second he thought she looked hurt, or guilty...But that face soon disappeared, and turned into a frown or was it a smile? He couldn't tell. He had lost a lot of blood. Garmadon threw him some more, then lifted him up, holding his gig."Please....You wouldn't hurt me.....I am your son."He said weakly."I have no son."He said. 

That did it. Harumi had broken almost his whole heart, but not all. By saying those four words, broke his heart completely. Just kill me already. Lloyd thought. Garmadon threw him so hard that he crashed into four walls, and went tumbling to the ground. He tried to get up, he tried to breathe, he tried to do anything...But couldn't. He felt the picture of him and his father blow away. Just like his heart. He heard his father come. Would he finish him off once and for all? No. He heard Harumi say to let him live. Which was worse than death. But all through his father's time ruling Ninjago, he couldn't help but to wonder....Why did Harumi save him?

Lloyd shot his eyes open."What.....Where?!"He asked. He looked around. He expected to be in some sort of cell, but he was in......his room?! What the in Ninjago?! He then hopped off the bed, and went to the training court, where Everyone was training except for Harumi, who was watching them.

"Lloyd!"They all exclaimed. They all ran towards him, all talking at once."Whoa, whoa, whoa! One at a time!"He said, with a smile."How did you pass out?!"Asked Nya."The last thing I remember was the leader blowing some sort of dust in my face."He answered."What kind?"Asked Zane."I don't know. But...At some point...I saw.....I saw."He said."You saw what? A vision?"Asked Wu. Lloyd shook his head."I relived some of the moments when I went alone to fight my father."He answered quietly. They all gasped. The ninjas started to comfort him, but Lloyd stopped them, and told them he wanted to be alone for a while. Lloyd then went into his room, fell on the bed, and then held his pillow tightly.

Lloyd was left alone for three whole hours before Harumi knocked lightly on his door. Harumi peeked her head in the doorway."Can I come in?"She asked. Lloyd rose his head, and nodded. Harumi came in, shut the door behind her, and sat down on a chair next to Lloyd's bed. There was silence for quite a while. They both thought it might last forever."I am sorry."Harumi said quietly. Lloyd paid her no mind. He finally asked:"Why did you spare me? Why didn't you let Garmadon kill me?"He asked. Harumi gasped, but didn't say anything. Harumi looked away, avoiding his glaze."Harumi. Answer me."He said, his tone was serious and almost angry.

"I don't know."She lied. She knew why. And she wanted to tell him, but didn't want to. She wanted to scream. Why did love have to be so hard for her?! Why couldn't she just love without hating him?! She loved him. And she wanted him to know. She wanted to let the whole world know how much she loved that man. But she knew she couldn't. If she lived in a better world she could, but this was reality. She couldn't.

"You must have had a reason! Or was the reason to make me suffer?!"He demanded. Harumi stayed quiet. He sighed."I should have known. I thought you cared that I died or lived. But really you just wanted me to-"No! That's not the reason!"She exclaimed."Then what is it?! What is it?! If that's not the reason?!"He demanded."In a better world I would tell you, but we don't live in that world!"She yelled. That sent them both back into silence. I wish I could tell you, Lloyd...But I broke you, and you don't love me. And that's that. Thought Harumi sadly.

Lloyd sat up, holding his chest. These last few days have been the worst for him. More questions entered his mind more than answers. Like why did the leader not capture him? Why didn't they take him to his boss? To torture him? To make him go crazy? He hated it. He wanted answers. He heard a knock."Go away Harumi!"He shouted. Kai poked his head through the door."Sorry bud, it's me. Is everything okay? You haven't left your room in days."Kai said."Yes."Answered Lloyd."You don't seem fine, though. What's going on?"Asked Kai."It just doesn't make any sense."Lloyd said, with a sigh."What doesn't?"Asked Kai."Everything! Why didn't they kidnap me? They had the chance! And why did I see-It just doesn't make any sense. Nothing in my life does."He said. Kai sat next to him."Well, I am glad they didn't. Because who knows what they would have done to you."He said.

"They wouldn't do anything to me Kai."He said."What are you talking about?"Questioned Kai. Lloyd bit his lip."The leader's boss wants me to feel hopeless. To make me feel like I have nothing left. You know basic bad guy stuff. But what he said next made my whole being freeze."Lloyd said."What did he say?"Asked Kai. Lloyd looked at his older brother. His face was filled with concern, right now he wasn't cocky Kai. He was worried, maybe even terrified."They want to hurt Harumi."Lloyd said softly, looking away from Kai's face. He felt Kai's warm hand on his shoulder."You still care about her, don't you?"Kai asked."You can't stop loving someone no matter what has happened. You still love them even if they don't love you back."Lloyd said quietly. It hurt him to admit that he still loved her, even if it was to Kai. Back in the earlier days, they had shared everything. 

Still, it hurts."I'm scared, Kai."Lloyd said. Kai put his arm around his little brother."It'll be alright. It always is."Said Kai."But what if it won't be this time?"Lloyd asked."I know she hates me. I know I can't love her. But I can't watch her die again. Not again."Lloyd said. Lloyd put his head on Kai's shoulder, and Kai put his head on Lloyd's. Lloyd may not know the answers to his questions, but Kai did. He can't give Harumi to Garmadon. It would destroy Lloyd. And that was the last thing he wanted to do. And if he did do that, he would kill himself. He would.