Chapter 18

If you would have asked anybody, they would have said that it was one of the worst things to have happened in the whole world. 

But if you ask the victims, they say it was the only good thing about this horrible mystery, not at first, but soon after. If you asked the people who were there or the family of the victims, they would have said it happened very fast, too fast that almost no one could move when they saw this. But if you asked the victims, they said it seemed like in slow- mo, and there was no sound. They would tell you that it was scary, but totally worth it. Now, you may be asking, how can an accident such as this be worth it?

Well, let me tell you. After this, they would find out something that if someone would have told them, they would have laughed in that person's face. And you would do the same thing. After that, they would find out not just about one piece of the puzzle, but more about their past, and the holes they were missing in that.

The day started like any other, the two teenagers were going on a walk, escaping the boy's very overprotective family. The two laughed and teased each other, blocking out everything bad that happened to them over the past weeks. They didn't expect that anything could go wrong. And when you do that, well you are begging for trouble.

The two got stares from people, deadly glares, and saw people whispering. It bothered Harumi but Lloyd assured her that they were a couple of knuckle heads."Don't let the bother you. And I thought you didn't care what people thought about you."Lloyd said."I don't. But I don't feel super comfortable when I am around people who hate me. I don't care what they say. But how they feel. Totally different."Harumi said.

"Yeah sure, Quiet One."Lloyd said, rolling his eyes. Harumi stomped on his foot."OW!"Cried out Lloyd."Clearly, nobody taught you how to talk to a girl."Harumi said, annoyed."Wrong. I had a Kai."Said Lloyd."And you listened to him?!"Demanded Harumi, in a playful way."Yeah, that was really stupid."Lloyd admitted, smiling. 

They earned more stares, which made Harumi frown."Hey, you are amazing. And if they can't see that...Then they are the most stupid human beings on earth, okay? I wouldn't hang out with you, if you were a  selfish buzzkill."Lloyd said."Or you can't resist me."Harumi teased."Okay, that's on the list."Lloyd said."Oh, so there's a list, now? You are really into me."Harumi said.

 Lloyd blushed just a tiny bit."I thought I was hanging out with Harumi, not Skylor."Lloyd said, looking away so she wouldn't see his face. Harumi grinned. They continued to tease each other, and began to forget the world. It was like they were trapped in a very cozy and warm room, with just each other. No noisy ninja. No regrets. Just the two of them. But then, tragedy came bolting like lightning.

The sons of Garmadon. They had caused all of it. They caused the ninjas to want to murder them in cold blood. They had a job to do. They were ordered by a very powerful man, a very powerful man who could kill them. And crooks value their lives just as revenge. They aimed at the two teenagers. And fired.

There were bangs, screams, and cries. The fire ninja was there to see all of it. He was boiling with anger. Only one escaped alive. The other....Well, got hit in the head with a rock, which was thrown by the red ninja. The red ninja had killed someone, but at the moment he didn't care. He raced others at the two teenagers. He checked their pulse. Weak and slow."Get some help! Someone!"Cried out the ninja. Lloyd's eyes opened just a tiny bit."K-Ka-Kai?"Choked out the wounded ninja."Stay with me, bud! We are going to get you and Harumi help, just stay with me!"Said Kai. Lloyd's eyes slowly closed, but he was still breathing. 

Skylor came rushing out."What in the Ninjago happened, Kai?"Asked Skylor."Some stupid sons of Garmadon shot them! They need help! And nobody is doing anything! After all Lloyd has-"Calm down, Kai. This is no time to freak out! They need help!"Cried out Skylor. Kai was angry with her, but she had a point."Call someone! Anyone!"Ordered Kai. Skylor quickly dialed 911. They both tried to stop the bleeding. Help arrived around 5 minutes later, which felt like years. After they were taken away, Kai and Skylor met them there. Kai called his sister, and told her to get there as soon as she could, in case they had to say goodbye. 

Within 10 minutes, their family quickly arrived."Guys!"Called out Kai. Nya quickly jumped on him, and hugged him tightly."I am glad you are okay!"She exclaimed. Kai gently hugged her back, tears slowly rolled down his cheeks."Kai, if you are not injured...Why did you call us?"Asked Zane."Wait, where is Lloyd and Harumi?"Asked Pixal. Kai put Nya down, and closed his eyes."Kai. Where are they?!"She demanded. Kai turned around, and headed to a certain room. The others followed. They all froze when they saw the two patients.

Nya covered her mouth, and began to sob. Jay rubbed her back, while tearing up himself. Everyone was frozen."How. Tell me, Kai."Nya begged. Her voice was filled with grief and rage."Two of the sons of Garmadon. One escaped, the other did not. He didn't deserve it."Kai said firmly."I will hunt that son of a gun, and MURDER HIM WITH MY BARE HANDS!"Sobbed Nya. She began to sob even harder. That was not a promise, but a vow.