WOLF'S x DEN

Hisoka ~

"Tonight, we have Gon, the child prodigy, going against Kira, who currently has an impressive nine win record!" The commentator announced, as the two fighters entered the arena. "Will she get her tenth and keep her winning streak, or will our favourite twelve-year-old defeat her?"

I smiled in excitement as I saw Kira step into the ring. Her hair was pulled back in a sleek ponytail and her body was decorated by knives, strapped to every convenient place. Of course, I knew they were not for decoration, but I couldn't help admiring them.

I had managed to get my hands on front row tickets, giving me the best view of the match. Killua was also watching from somewhere in the stadium, but as usual, the brat refused to be in my company. His loss.

Gon entered from the other side, carrying his usual fishing rod. It was an interesting choice of weapon and he surprisingly made it work. From the slight spring in his step, I could tell that he was just as eager as Kira to begin the fight.

After explaining the rules, the referee blew the whistle, signalling the start of the match. Immediately, Gon took off running, putting distance between himself and Kira. He knows that she can throw her knives, right?

Meanwhile, Kira hadn't moved an inch from her spot, calmly tracking her opponent with her eyes. It didn't seem to be difficult for her to follow him. Gon was a fighter who relied predominantly on speed and so was Kira. Two speed demons matched up with one another. This fight should be interesting.

It was Kira who attacked first, launching a knife towards Gon, who was able to change directions and dodge it in time. While the crowd cheered for the kid's evasion, Kira looked unfazed, her eyes calculating.

That's it, Sweetheart. I smiled with pride. She had taken my advice and was assessing the situation before diving in. With that attack, she had gotten a sense of her opponent's agility and reaction speed.

There were no time limits to these fights and Kira had finally learnt to be patient. It took a lot of effort to drill that into her but I was glad it was working out. However, Gon was also surprisingly careful today, circling her to find an opening to attack.

Eventually, he lunged towards her, swinging his fishing rod and bringing it down. Kira easily dodged the attack, but not before delivering a kick to his back, knocking him off balance.

I frowned. She was holding back. Normally one of her kicks would send a grown man flying and with Gon's poor Nen protection, it should've been the same for him. But he only stumbled forward, just managing to prevent himself from face-planting into the concrete floor.

"Clean hit!" The referee announced. "One point to Kira."

However, after Gon's swing, I noticed a glimmer of the thin fishing line leading from the rod to a hook lodged in the edge of a tile. From that, I could already guess what he was up to and I wondered if Kira had realised it too.

A moment later, I got my answer. She hadn't.

With a strong tug, Gon dislodged the tile that Kira was standing on and flipped it into the air, taking her by surprise. She barely had time to jump off before the boy came charging at her. In mid air, there was no way she could evade an attack.

Unable to dodge it, Kira braced her arms and blocked the hit, causing her to fall backwards. Thankfully, she managed to land on her feet, preventing Gon from scoring a point.

I sighed, disappointed by her lack of observation skills and made a mental note to work on it with her later. Though Gon seemed frustrated that his plan didn't work, he wasn't a all discouraged.