THE x TRICK x TOWER

Kira ~

I woke up to daylight streaming into my room. Wait, my room?!

I looked around and realised I was in my cabin on board the airship. How did I get here? Last night's events came flooding back to me. I must've fallen asleep.

While with Hisoka? At this point, I couldn't believe my own stupidity. How could I have let myself fall asleep beside someone I barely even know? Especially a psychopath who was more or less likely to slit my throat without blinking.

Except he didn't. And he isn't really a psychopath, is he?

Recalling from last night, he was capable of feeling human emotion. Maybe not like most people, but he certainly did, in his own way.

Wait... if he brought me back here...

That clown, he better not have tried anything... weird.

I pulled aside the covers, revealing that I was still in the same black shorts and tank top from yesterday. I looked up and saw my leather jacket draped over the chair.

My knives!

Quickly, I checked for the knives strapped to my waist, left thigh, and right ankle, then the ones hidden on the inside of my jacket. To my relief, all thirteen of them were there. Thank god.

But as I reached my hand into my jacket pocket, I found something else. A single playing card. Ace of Hearts. I smiled, recalling last night's phenomenon. Taped to the back, was a little note, with a weirdly drawn smiley face. Right underneath it, was what I presumed to be Hisoka's phone number, signed off with a "H" and a tiny heart. I scoffed. Seriously? I slid the card and note back into my pocket. Who knows? It might come in useful one day.

I glanced at my cellphone, realising we were about to land soon. Hurriedly, I flung on my jacket, laced up my combat boots, and headed out towards the meeting room. Phase Three of the Hunter Exam was about to begin, and I was keen.

Hisoka ~

The airship dropped us off on top of a tower. It seemed the objective of this task was to reach its base within seventy two hours. Doesn't seem too hard. But I do hope I get a couple good fights.

Pathetically, within seconds I was hit with my first challenge. How do I even get into this tower?

I looked around at the other candidates for clues. Then I noticed Illumi wasn't among them. Then that must've meant... he found a way in! That sneaky bastard! Wouldn't even spare a minute to help a friend! But how? How did he get in?

Feeling a light tap on my shoulder, I turned around to see Kira smiling cryptically at me. "Watch and learn."

With that, she took a step back, and the tile she stood on gave away like a trapdoor. I gaped dumbly as she disappeared into the tower.

Oh, so that's how you get in.

Kira ~

In the first hour of wandering through the tower, I didn't encounter a single person, not even another candidate. That's strange.

Shrugging it off, I kept walking, keeping an eye out for traps or enemies. Soon enough, I reached the first obstacle. Upon entering through a doorway, I heard an eery cackle echo through the vast chamber. At that, I considered turning back, as I already had an evil clown in my life, and wasn't in desperate need of another. Annoyingly, the heavy stone door grated shut behind me. I guess that limits my options.