Chapter 3

Prove it you yell. "Okay, last year you got depressed when Newt tried to commit that you cut all up your legs arms and tummy and ran into the maze shouting come and get me you ba****ds". I stood there shocked, the bucket drops and soaks your feet. A rustling in the trees gets your attention. "Hide" you whisper and flail your arms towards Minho, he climbs up a tree. He could have hid behind it but no he climbs it. That was definitely Minho, the clueless nutcracker if ever I saw one. I pick the bucket up and begin to fill it again. "Hey" the fake Minho says. "Hey" you say coldly. "I want to thank you for today" "mmmhm" you nod picking up the bucket and looking at him. He comes round to hug you. He feels skinnier, definitely an imposter, but I'm a bit let down without the moustache and eye glass, well that's what's in the comic on Chuck's hammock. "Without you I'd have never been able to get back" "it was nothing" you say. He is holding your shoulders and looming deep into your eyes. "Without you... I'd never have been able to kill them all" He smiles. All of a sudden he smacks you and throws you in the lake. Which way is up, you're dazed and confused. You swim around and flail your arms looking for the surface. A hand pulls you up and you gasp for breath, but you're soon back under. They're keeping you under, you can't move. Kicking, scratching biting don't seem to work. But the pressure is soon removed and you are from the water. You see shapes and colours but nothing distinct. "Newt!! Alby!! Thomas!!" Your vision comes back and you see Minho holding you and rocking you. It hurts to breathe and you're coughing up water every few minutes. "Come on Y/N! Stay with me I need you" Minho starts to tear. "What happened?" I hear Newt's voice. "That thing tried to drown her" Minho says and pointed at it. Alby realises they're both Minho and pulls out a knife. "Woah woah Alby" Minho says. "Back away from her" his teeth were gritted. "If I may interject an interlude here" you say as you go to get up "this here is Minho, brother and sass meister but exhibit B over there seems to be some kind of doppelgänger if you will, a clone as some of you nutcrackers may understand more simply" "how do you know" Newt shouts. Minho looks down at me. I nod. He tells them the story, of which Alby and Thomas knew, but Newt didn't. "Um uh okay let's uh go back then" Alby says as meh picks up the doppelgänger. Newt grabs me arm as we go to leave. "Why?" "Why what?" "You know what" his voice was growing impatient but his face wasn't. "I needed you and it looked like you weren't going to be there" I say, looking down "I now realise that I could have gone about it differently but coulda-woulda-shoulda" you say. He giggles but pulls you in for a hug. "Don't ever be so stupid like I was!" He says. You pull apart and whisper I won't. He leans in and kisses you, a long passion filled kiss. His hands travel your body and pick you up so you're over his shoulder. "I've got you now" he says, walking over to his room. He plops me down on his bed and removes his shirt. "And I'm never letting you go".