Chapter 7

As her hands reached your throat they started to squeeze. They were like pythons, tightening by the second, tightening with every movement you made. You were both on the floor. You could see her face. It was scrunched up, her eyebrows furrowed. The concentration in her face overwhelmed you. The hate, that was the worst part. You could see so much hate in her eyes, in her face. Time seemed to pass so slowly until they got her off you. Your vision was hazy and as soon as her fingers released you coughed and spluttered for air. You couldn't see. You couldn't see anything, just shapes. Something wrapped around your waist. You flinched and tried to get it off you. "Y/N! It'd me! Y/N! I won't hurt you" you didn't know who it was so carried on fighting. Tears spilling down your cheeks. Then a pair of lips met yours.

Teresa's POV:

They got me off her, but I hadn't finished! I was unsuccessful. I needed to kill her. I had to. They would hurt them if I didn't. Wicked would get them all. It wasn't working, they didn't believe me. "SHE HAS TO GO! TO SAVE YOU I HAVE TO KILL HER PLEASE BELIEVE ME" I scream. I spit and kick at the boys holding me back. They don't understand, they would never understand. Then it stops. I forgot what I was doing. Y/N was moving around in a circle, arms flailing like a loon. What had I done? I felt nothing. My body relaxed. A boy stepped in front of me. "Teresa what the hell?" He shouted at me. I don't know I didn't know what to say. "I don't know, I don't know what what did I do, what did they make me do" you kick the guy in the shins and he lets you go. You run into the centre of the glade and stare at the sky, knowing they were watching. "YOU! YOU LIED YOU TOLD ME THEY WERE DYING THAT Y/N WAS KILLING THEM BUT YOURE WRONG! YOU LIED TO US TOU LIED TO US ALL WELL YOU CAN FORGET IT BECAUSE Y/N WAS MY BEST FRIEND AND I KNEW I KNEW IT WAS A LIE SHE WOULDNT HURT ANYONE! YOU TORTURED ME FOR YEARS BUT NOW NOW IM DONE" I grab the knife in my pocket and dig it into my arm, the pain. Oh the pain is unbearable. The blood splatters everywhere but then the tracker becomes visible. I hope the knife under it and flick it out of my arm. It lands on the grass just in front of the blonde boy, he picks up and studies it. You stand there, arm bleeding with everyone looking to you. Y/N was looking to you. She walks over and grabs the knife off me. The blonde boy whispers something to her but she dismisses it. She cleans the knife then copies me. She throws it on the ground and stomps on it.

Your POV:

"YOU SEE YOU SEE THIS HUH WE ARE DONE PLAYING YOUR GAME! THIS ENDS NOW WE CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT THIS! I HEREBY RESIGN FROM CHIEF PROGRAMMER AT WICKED HEADQUARTERS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY! INITIATE MEMORY BLOCK IN T MINUS 10 SECONDS" I had 10 seconds before I would forget. Forget everything wicked did. Everything they wanted me and Teresa to do. They wanted us to kill them, kill them all by stopping them from finding the exit to the maze but I was sick and tired of her voice, the woman's voice, day and night telling me to try harder. Well I was done. 7 seconds. I spin round to newt and grab him, pull his face to mine and we kiss. A deep passionate kiss. Longer than 7 seconds. I wanted to go out of this mind happy and enter the new one completely overjoyed for I was no longer Y/N Y/L/N, Undercover Wicked Operative. I was Y/N Y/L/N, Glader. And I would never forget it.