Chapter 5

The thing leapt against the cage and thrashed about, letting out a shriek as it did so. As it sprung into life there was a huge *pop* sound and then came an older female voice. "Welcome, Maze Dwellers. As you are all probably aware of where you are there is no need to explain that. You have recently received an unwelcome guest who has evidently shown they are very violent and are growing stronger by the day. You are probably wondering how to remove this unwanted guest and there is a way. It just comes with a price. This is a test, a test of morality and judgement. In the morning the box will arrive with fresh supplies and a box filled with medicine. You have 2 options, administer the medicine and your guest will return to normal. Or. You can take your guest to sector 6 tomorrow morning using the cage we will send you, however you must bring the medicine with you and leave next to the cage. In return for this gesture we will take this as a trade and trade this thing for someone else now you can either keep it or trade it. You will receive further instruction in the morning. Good luck and remember each choice has repercussions. Wicked is good" the whole glade are awake and look at each other. It was impossible to sleep after that.

*** morning ***

You and Thomas run sector 6 first thing this morning but see no sign of anyone, our make it back to the glade and tell the others there is nothing there. Like clockwork the box arrived with everything promised. Then the *pop* happens again. "Good Morning Maze Dwellers. I trust you slept well. Now your exchange has been finalised. Here is a preview of your potential exchangee. Her voice does and a young girl replaces it "no, no please no! I won't go back not in there no!! NO PLEASE DONT DONT TOUCH ME GET OFF ME NO OW OW HELP HELP ME PLEASE NO I GOT OUT THIS ISN'T FAIR Y/N PLEASE HELP Y/N" the pop occurs and everyone looks at you. People start shouting and one boy pushes you down into the box. A group jump down with you and just as everything goes black you realise that the glade has descended into chaos.