Chapter 4

As you drifted into real time from being asleep you realise there's a strong arm around you. Newt had is arms gripped round your waist. Boy when this kid said he wasn't going to let me go he meant literally. But you needed to pee so you unhinged his fingers and slipped from his arms. As you left the loo you could see several boys gathering around the slammer, shouts and horrific cries, many of them running away. You walked over to them. "Hey what's going o-". What you saw shocked you, you were blown back and had to take several steps back but fell over your feet. Alby came running over and threw the tarpaulin over the cage. "I TOLD YOU ALL NOT TO LIFT IT! THE NEXT PERSON WHO DOES SPENDS 3 NIGHTS IN THE SLAMMER!" You got up, still in shock and looked around. The once strong army of 50 boys were now gibbering wrecks, some sat down hugging their knees. A younger one, Ralph, was rocking himself "it's going to get us, we're next". "Hey, hey Ralph Ralph look at me look at me! It's not going to get us... I won't let that happen to you okay? I promise" Ralph nodded and jumped into your arms for a hug. He sobbed into your shoulder. When he calmed down he apologised and walked over to get breakfast.

*** 14 hours later ***

All the boys were now in bed except you, Newt, Alby, Thomas, Gally, Minho, Clint, Jeff and Ben. Gally and Ben were in the slammer trying to lift the doppelgänger out of it and onto the cart. You and Newt were in charge of making sure no one else was awake. Standing in the homestead keeping watch as the others moved the prisoner to the box. Once it was in they shouted you and Newt over. The box was well lit and you saw it again. Black eyes open, white skin, blood red lips and a thousand claw marks on its body. Then its mouth twitched. The cuts started to bleed. It was awake and it was hungry.