Chapter 7: The Start of Another War

!TW! Mention of death, killing, description of wounds, mention of blood

(Branzy's POV)

What am I supposed to do?

How do I get out of this?

Thoughts raced through my mind as I watched my friend fight my teammate. The sound of swords clashing and clanging together rang through the smoky air. I covered my mouth with my sleeve to avoid inhaling as much smoke. I felt useless just standing by, watching as Clown and Vitalasy fought each other. Knowing Clown's skill in PvP, he should win against Vitalasy, but it was still a close fight between the two of them. Anything could happen, as Vitalasy was still a good PvPer as well. I tried to think of the best solution to stop this from getting worse, but the damage had already been done before I could do anything.
I watched as Vitalasy leaped forward, swordpoint aimed at Clown. Clown, just barely dodging the attack, rolled over to the side and leapt up to recover. I saw Vitalasy splash a potion of what seemed to be strength as he charged at Clown again. But this time, the Jester was ready. He blocked Vitalasy's attack with his own sword, and swept Vitalasy's sword away, making Vitalasy lose the grasp of his sword. Vitalasy's hood fell slightly off his head, revealing a small part of his face at the same time his sword hit the ground, swordpoint embedded into the ground. But Vitalasy just as quickly pulled out his bow, and aimed at Clown, wasting no time to shoot. The arrow, now released from its stretched form, whizzed through the air, straight at Clown's shoulder. Clown quickly threw an enderpearl to gain some space, as he materialized away from Vitalasy. But he must not have been fast enough to fully dodge the arrow, as his jester like fit was being stained with red. Clown turned to look back at Vitalasy, as Vitalasy stood there and pulled his hood back to its original position.

Now it was a standoff.

I watched the two of them as they stood, glaring at each other. Subz or Zam were nowhere to be found nearby, which was probably for the better. All at once Vitalasy suddenly teleported toward Clown and slashed across his chestplate and mask. Small pieces of Clown's mask fell below, as they hit the grass with a soft thud, but his chestplate was only slightly damaged. Clown stumbled back slightly, but quickly retaliated, slashing his own sword across Vitalasy's shoulder, narrowly missing his chest. Upon the slash on Vitalasy's shoulder appeared to be a long scar dripping with crimson red blood. Clown stared down Vitalasy as he tried to stop the bleeding oozing rapidly from his cut shoulder as he stood back up. He returned Clown's stare with a gaze of flaming intensity and rage. Clown's head seemed to dip slightly to the side, which looked terrifyingly scary. Vitalasy's facade of confidence seemed to falter slightly, but he didn't back down yet, as he narrowed his eyes.
Clown leapt up as he charged towards Vitalasy. He slashed his sword down upon the hooded man, but he failed to kill him, as Vitalasy had sprung back from Clown. As Clown stood up from his attack, Vitalasy slashed across Clown's throat, leaving a mid-deep scar. The jester pearled away as he swallowed down a golden apple to heal. But when Clown landed, he stumbled and fell down to his knees, coughing and hacking from the smoke and blood. And this time he didn't rise to his feet like he had the times before, but instead stayed on his knees as if he was glued to the ground. I was starting to get worried now, as Clown seemed to be getting dangerously injured, and he could get killed at any point if this fight didn't end soon.
              "Had enough, ClownPierce? Or are you still looking for more chances to die?" Vitalasy cackled as he told Clown.
Clown at this point in the battle did not seem like he was in a position to win. He was kneeling on the ground, and blood was trickling down his mask from the missing part that Vitalasy had slashed off. Even more blood was running down from the cut along his throat. Yet, he still stood up shakily as he told Vitalasy,
"No."
Vitalasy seemed amused hearing this.
"You really want more? You seem like you're in a state of nearly dying! And yet you still ask for more, ClownPierce? How idiotic and ironic of you." He aimed and shot an arrow into Clown's leg, forcing him to fall back down.
Clown groaned in pain as he laid on the ground bleeding out majorly from his various wounds. I wanted to run out to Clown, help him, get him away, do something to help him. But I wouldn't be able to without visibly showing Vitalasy that I had betrayed him or getting instantly killed. So I couldn't help but watch as Vitalasy slowly walked through the smoke and over to the half alive jester, about to kill my friend. But then, Clown told Vitalasy,
"You know why I'm one of the best assassins?" He seemed to glimpse at something in my direction but quickly turned back to Vitalasy.

"Because I don't give up."

He pearled away again while eating another golden apple as he stood up again, slowly regaining his strength. But this time was different. This time, he was determined to win. He splashed a strength pot of his own into himself as he shot an arrow towards Vitalasy. Vitalasy managed to barely dodge the arrow, the tip grazing his skin. But this gave Clown the chance to pearl in front of Vitalasy and slash across his hooded face. Clown's sword knocked off part of Vitalasy's hood, revealing half of his face, but I could see a slight scar across the top of his nose that Clown had made.
Vitalasy pearled away, pulling his hood up once more as he pearled back to attack. Clown dodged the attack as best as he could, but he still got hit on his side by Vitalasy's sword. But he managed to move to the side enough that he could knock Vitalasy off balance and avoid from getting more hurt. Clown himself was thrown off balance slightly as their swords clanged together. Clown quickly dropped to the ground and kicked his foot, sweeping Vitalasy from under his feet. Vitalasy fell, but his sword dangerously swung around, almost hitting Clown's mask again, but Clown had luckily dodged the point.
And this gave the jester another opportunity. As Vitalasy rose to his feet, Clown also stood up and furiously slashed his sword across his shoulder and chest. As Vitalasy stumbled back, Clown kicked his foot again, hitting Vitalasy in his leg. Vitalasy laid, groaning in pain on the hard ground of the earth.
              "Had enough?" Clown snarled at Vitalasy, wiping blood off his mask, smearing it. His outfit now was covered in blood, dirt, and mud.
Vitalasy stood up, backing away from Clown as he told him,
"For now I am," he said. "But this war isn't over." He told Clown.
"What do you mean, Vitalasy? You really want to start a war? You wouldn't want to start a war already this early on, surely?" Clown said, smirking, although blood was now trickling from the side of his mouth.
Vitalasy's mouth curled into a small smile. "Oh, but I do want to start a war. I would have everyone on my side! Almost everyone on this SMP hates you Clown! Because you've killed them all! So what I'm going to say is..."
"What Vitalasy? What could you possibly have to say?" Clown asked in a dark and low tone.
Vitalasy returned Clown's question with a sneer as he said,
"This war isn't over. It has just begun, ClownPierce."
All of a sudden, Subz pearled in front of Vitalasy and grabbed Vitalasy. The next moment, they had disappeared, leaving behind the trail of the purple ender pearl particles.

(Clown's POV)

"Would he really start a war? He wouldn't be stupid enough to start a war..." I muttered to myself. Out of nowhere, Branzy ran towards me, looking concerned.
              "Clown! Are you okay? Do you need help?" He said hurriedly.
              "I'm okay for now- cough- okay maybe I'm not perfectly fine..." I said as blood splattered from my mouth as I spoke.
              "Where did you- cough cough- come- cough- from? How'd you know- cough cough cough- where we- cough- were?" I asked Branzy while slowly losing my voice as it weakened to a strained whisper. They was now a concerning amount of blood spewing from my wounds, which Branzy had definitely noticed as he said,
               "We need to get you patched up, but we aren't too far from your house I think." I sighed deeply. "How did Vitalasy know where to find you?Did he find your house?" He asked.

Barely having the strength to stay standing, I simply shook my head, hoping he would get the hint that Vitalasy didn't find my house. Though I also was confused on how Vitalasy knew to to go away from spawn to look for me. But Branzy must've gotten the hint, as he simply gave me a nod and hooked an arm under me for better support, though he slightly struggled to find an efficient way to hook his arm. And as we slowly walked together back toward my house, my half alive self could only think of how the funhouse will get Vitalasy back. At least, if we build it right. The last thing I could see was Branzy take out an enderpearl and throw it toward my house as he held onto me. And with that, I sunk into the consuming and endless darkness as the enderpearl ripped us away.

WOOO! It's done!
Another chapter in the book! This chapter is a slightly longer chapter than the rest.
Hope you enjoy reading this chapter! Next one hopefully out soon!

(1674 words)