Chapter 12: Sweet Revenge

!TW! Mention of blood, killing, and death, very, very, very small fluff

(Clown's POV)

The night and blinking stars had appeared, signaling that the day was almost over. Branzy had not come back yet, which was a little concerning, but I was quickly proved wrong as I hear a small ding from my communicator.

(BranzyCraft whispers to you: Meet me at spawn)

I froze. Why did Branzy want me to meet at spawn? Was he with someone? Feeling that this was a trap that Branzy was being forced into telling me, I didn't bring as much items with me, just the necessities. Diamond tools, blocks, a few cobwebs, and a bow with arrows. Leaving the house, I typed to Branzy,

(You whispered to BranzyCraft: Okay, I'm on my way.)

(Branzy's POV)

Ding

I paused as I reached for my communicator, Clown must've responded back.

(Clownpierce whispered to you: Okay, I'm on my way.)

Oh no.
He's coming.
What am I supposed to do?
I can't tell him not to, Vitalasy and the others could kill me! I sighed in frustration, realizing that I just helped plot my best friend's death, and there was nothing I could do about it, except sulk and wait for the worst to happen. I continued to silently worry excessively, trying to find a solution that could help Clown survive from his untimely death. But it was no use. Every way possible it would end unsuccessfully, and Clown would die, or I would die, and he would still die.
All too soon he arrived, but his armor was different then usual. His armor was not enchanted, just plain diamond armor. He must've suspected something, and was smart enough to not bring his best items.
"Branzy! What on Earth? What took you so long? Are you okay?" He called out, concerned, while scanning me for any injuries.
"I-I'm f-fine, Clown! I-I just..." I faltered. What was I supposed to tell Clown?
"What's wrong Branzy? Just tell me! I'm not mad at you." He said, worriedly.
And that was when Vitalasy, Subz, and Zam enderpearled behind me. Clown stepped back, most likely a reflex of when an opponent arrived.
"What do you three want? And leave Branzy out of this." He said flatly through gritted teeth, as he slightly stepped in front of me.
"No need to be alarmed Clown! Zam here just wanted to show off his new start of his empire. Don't worry, he invited others to come later. Follow us." Vitalasy said as he lied through his teeth.
As I turned to follow, I let my head fall, ashamed and guilty of what I was about to cause. Clown didn't seem to notice, but instead staying very silent as he followed the trio. Surely he knew this was a trap, he wasn't just going along with this, was he?
We arrived once again at the gates of the Zam Empire, and the well of death came in sight. But instead of going to "explore the place" the trio walked straight to the well.
"Well, to start this tour off, this is the well of all magical wishes. You simply have to throw something of value in, and your wish will be granted. Clown, why don't you try?" Zam said as he looks at Clown.
Clown, who seemed very hesitant, finally stepped forward, but instead of throwing something in, he just stood in front as he looked over the edge of the well.
"Go on, try it!" Vitalasy implied.
"This is a trap, isn't it?" Clown asked as he slowly turned to the three of them.
"Not this time, we just want you to try it, even Branzy will try it if you do it."
This suddenly alarmed me, as I had no intention of taking part in whatever plan this was, as I had only wanted to help with redstone so I wouldn't be killed.
Clown looked back to the well, but then suddenly jumped in to the shallow water, as if he saw something. I quickly ran to the edge to find that clown was digging a block beneath the water, possibly knowing that there was indeed a trap. Vitalasy also noticed this, as he shouts to Subz,
"Pull the lever!"
"NO!"I cried out, but it was too late.
The pistons pulled back the blocks hiding the trap, and causing Clown to fall below, without any escape possible. I watched in horror as I saw my friend's body slowly dissipate into black and red smoke, blood smeared across the deathly dripstone. Clown's items dropped below the smoke, as the trio cried in triumph, but I definitely didn't feel the same way, as I stared over the edge, looking at what used to be my friend. I didn't notice anything that happened until I felt a hard punch in my back that forced me into the same well, as I faced the same fate as my friend. The last thing I heard from them before I dissipated into a purplish smoke was,
"It was the only way, Branzy." Vitalasy said with the smile of the devil.

(Clown's POV)

I respawned in my bed at home, now safe again. But I lost everything I had. Luckily I knew that it was risky, so I didn't bring my usual things. My hatred and anger against Vitalasy's sparked again, but the fire grew larger as a message popped up in my communicator.

(BranzyCraft was impaled by a stalagmite trying to escape from Vitalasy)

I clenched my fists so hard that the ends turned white. They already killed me. Wasn't that what they wanted? Why pull Branzy into this when he did nothing? But then the thought hit me.
It was because he was my friend, the only friend I truly had, and the only one I trusted. They killed him because he was there, and to gain another life, minus the fact that he probably did because he knew I would see the death message.
I sat at my house for the rest of the day and finishing gathering the materials for the funhouse, when Branzy suddenly burst in from the door.
"Branzy!! Oh thank goodness you're okay- what's wrong?" I asked as I noticed the tears slowly falling on his face.
Branzy then collapsed onto the carpet, but I luckily caught him. I held him together as he slowly calmed down until his breaths were slow hiccups and whispers.
"What happened, Branzy? What's wrong?" I asked, concerned.
"It's all my fault."
"What? No it's not! None of this is your fault, Branzy! The only ones that are to blame is Vitalasy, Subz, and Zam. You have nothing to blame yourself for." I said as I tried to calm him down.
"But it is my fault Clown! I made you come to Zam empire. I was the reason you died, I was the reason you lost all of your stuff, I was the reason for all of this!" Branzy said as tears welled up in his eyes.
"Hey, hey. Look at me, Branzy," I told him as he slowly lifted his head. "You have nothing, absolutely nothing in the world to blame yourself for. I chose to come, and I knew that there was a risk that there would have been a trap. I didn't lose anything important."
"You didn't? How? You were wearing your armor, and you had all your tools, aren't those important? And you lost a heart!" He said as he looked down guiltily.
"Yes I lost a heart, but I can always get it back. Remember I'm the deadliest player on the server?" I said, earning a slight smile from him. "And besides, I wasn't wearing my actual armor. I was just wearing a normal diamond set, not my enchanted set. And all my tools weren't enchanted like my usual ones either, they're all in my chest room right now. And besides, I'm only back at 10 hearts," I told him as I looked at my forearm. "And you might have 9, but we can get that heart back."
"That makes me feel a bit better, but how can we get the heart back?" He asked me, sniffling.
I smiled as I told him, "Let's finally start on the funhouse shall we? We can get our sweet revenge."

Hiiii! Here's another chapter for you guys to read before I disappear as I study and stress for finals.
Happy reading!
~N1ghtPierc3

(1412 words)