Chapter 16: The Meeting

!TW! Mention of killing

(Clown's POV)

After cleaning up the ashes and charred log that Branzy had tested his void fire on, we started to head back to my house. Branzy was still hesitant to go back to his house, scared that Vitalasy or Subz would come to end him, which I get. So I told him he could stay at my house for how long he needed or wanted to, whether it'd be a long or short stay.
                "By the way, thank you for trusting me with this power, Branzy," I told him as I looked at the silver haired man. "I know it's hard to keep this a secret, seeing how it's only growing."
Branzy looked down at his red and black vine covered arm as he said, "Yeah, I don't know how much longer I can hide this from the others, especially if these grow way above the glove line. A little like this is fine, but it could keep growing up to my shoulder possibly."
"You definitely can't hide this forever, the others aren't completely oblivious, but maybe if you avoid enough people they won't notice the change. But let's not worry about that for now, let's go back and get washed up from so we can relax." I told Branzy.
He nodded in agreement as he followed behind me back to my house. We walked through the both thin and thick trees covered in luscious leaves and sweeping vines as we followed a trail of dim light leading to the house. As the torches of light illuminated the walls of my house, the sky suddenly became dark and covered with clouds. Seconds later, small drops of rain poured down on the two of us, forcing us to hurry inside and dry off. We both went to our separate rooms, but Branzy walked up to me, catching me in the hallway.
               "Did you need something, Branzy?" I asked, confused.
                "No, I just wanted to thank you again for letting me stay here, I appreciate it a lot, and I'm glad that we're...friends." Branzy told me as he looked down, his cheeks seemed to be flushed a light pink.
I smiled as I said, "Anytime, Branzy. Anytime."
As I reached the door of my bathroom, my communicator rung with a ding. I pulled out the small object and flipped open the lid, causing the holographic screen to appear. Seconds later, a small message popped up, reading,

[Spokeishere whispered to you: Hey Clown, we got a meeting happening soon, you coming?]
...
...
...
[You whispered to Spokeishere: Sure, I'll be on my way.]

As I walked back into the hallway, about to go ask Branzy if he was going, Branzy seemed to have the same thought because he practically flung the door open as he asked, "Did you get Spoke's message?"
              "Yea... I was about to ask you about the message." I said.
              "I'll go get ready then... but it might be a bit bef-"
              "Just change, Branzy. You don't have to take a shower now, just make it look like we didn't come from the circus and had just killed 2 people." I said shortly.
Branzy turned to close his door again as he said, "Ahh yes, okay, be right back then, I'll meet you in the living room."
I also went back to get ready, settling to wear a black turtleneck, black pants, and my usual jester outfit, except fitted with fingerless gloves instead of fingered ones. I clipped my usual weapon belt around my waist as I walked out of my room to meet Branzy, who hadn't arrived yet. As I waited, I realized the fight with Vitalasy at the funhouse had given me a semi deep scar along my arm, not too much to worry about, I barely noticed it anyways.
Branzy came through the hallway as he met me in the room, wearing another purple clad shirt and similar black pants and fingerless gloves.
"Ready?" I asked him.
"Yep, let's go!"
As we left the house, I told Branzy, "Wait,"
He turned around to face me with a confused look as I summoned a long aquamarine staff into my hand, most commonly known as a trident. It glowed with the bluish and purplish aura of enchantment.
               "Using Riptide would be much easier now, wouldn't it?"
It was still raining, but the raining had increased to a downpour. As I raised the staff, I said,
"Hang on!"
Branzy barely grasped my hand as he gripped it for dear life as I threw the trident as far as I could as I tightened my hand with Branzy's as the trident tore through the rain, propelling us forward each throw. Each time we started to fall towards the ground, I threw the trident again, boosting us each time.
I continued this loop until could see the faint outline of spawn. I put away the trident as Branzy and I freefell quickly towards the ground. I summoned a water bucket as we plummeted, as I threw the water down to save us. It broke our fall, but didn't stop us from rolling somewhat violently across the grassy plains. Dusting ourselves off, we happened to land right in front of our team's base. And Spoke and the others must've heard the commotion outside, because a few minutes after we landed, they walked out of the base.
"Ahhhh, it's the two people that we've been waiting for!" Spoke said cheerily. "Come on in, we've been waiting for you guys."

(Branzy's POV)

Clown and I trailed behind Spoke and the others as we walked down the cold stone hallway. As this was just a meeting base, Spoke, Mapicc, or Parrot didn't seem to care enough to make the hallways or base have a cozy feeling. We walked down to the familiar meeting room as we all took a seat in our own chairs.
"Alright," Spoke said, folding his hands together. "This is just a general meeting for all of us, so nothing important, but, we have gained a piece of possible information."
"Possible information? What do you mean by possible information? You either have information or you don't." Clown said, twirling a random stick through his fingers.
"Well, rumor has spread around spawn that, Vitalasy and some others might be plotting a revenge."
We all glanced at each other, each sharing a concerned expression as I said,
"Revenge on who?"
Spoke took a breath a glanced at Parrot and Mapicc before saying,
"You...and Clown."
I gave a glance Clown's way, and he returned it with his stern clown mask, but I could tell he was furious, and concerned.
"We assumed that the group, especially Vitalasy, wanted to get his revenge on you, Clown, but also Branzy, because he took part in helping you and now that he's betrayed him." Spoke added, answering the mental question presumably both Clown and I had in our minds.
               "Well, I guess it's best we be careful then, but Vitalasy should know that he's messing with the wrong people." I directed towards the trio as I turned away from Clown.
                "Uhm...yeah, no offense to you, Branzy, but yeah, Clown's skills are spectacular and are fearsome, but that's just Clown. What about you? How would you protect yourself?" Mapicc asked me.
I looked Clown's way again, and most likely by the look on my face, he knew what I was about to say. With a nod of approval and encouragement from him, I turned back to Spoke and the others as I said slightly shakily,
                 "There is actually a way I have to protect myself. But I can only show you guys on one condition." I waited for a few brief moments before I gained their nods. "You cannot tell anyone else about this unless they find out about it themselves. Understood?" They nodded again.
I took a deep breath before continuing,
                 "I have a special power...that I was cursed with. The power I have... is called void fire." The trio glanced at each other with confusion. "It can basically burn anything in its way and cannot be put out unless told to do so by the caster. The caster can control what or who it burns and what it should or shouldn't burn." I took another deep breath as I kept my eyes steady on Spoke, Mapicc, and Parrot.
Then, out of nowhere, Mapicc thrust his hand forward, which was occupied with a oak log, which he let go as he grunted from the force. The log flew towards my head with swift speed. I quickly threw my hands up in front of the log's path as I recited,
                  "Burn!"
Within seconds of the recitation, the log that was barreling towards me burned with the similar bluish and blackish flames, which dusted the log to smoke and ashes, and left a charred smell throughout the room. I lowered my shaky hands to see shocked expressions from the trio. Clown's head was tilted to the side, but it seemed to be a praise of amazement.
                  "Amazing," Parrot breathed. "I didn't expect that, but you seem to have excellent control of your power. I would like to ask some things ab-"
Parrot was cut off as a rumble came from above. Dirt and small stones came loose from the ceiling, but it was enough to be a warning for Clown, who screamed,
                  "TAKE COVER!!"
I stepped as far away from the small debris, but I wasn't prepared for what was next. Clown, who was scrambling away from the table as well, was flung across the table as he slammed against the wall. His figure became slumped, but he was still conscious. The blast had come from the entrance, which dust was slowly clearing from. Moments later, 5 figures stepped slowly through the dust, smiles made from pure venom. The figures eyes glazed over our group, but settled on the slumped Clown as they revealed themselves.
                  "Surprise!"
It was Vitalasy, Subz, Zam, and 2 members I had not seen before.

Helloooo!
Welcome to another chapter! Sorry this one took so long, due to a new sports season starting, and me just being busy. But hopefully this chapter will make up for the absence. Stay safe and healthy, and happy reading!

~N1ghtPierc3

(1720 words, new chapter record!)