Chapter 15: The Secret

(Branzy's POV)

I noticed at the funhouse Clown had been looking at my wrist quite frequently, the wrist that held a very deep and dark secret.
I had never told anyone about this secret, other than close family members I barely see anymore, but there was an intention for it. I hadn't told anyone else about this because it was for their safety and mine. Long before joining the Lifesteal SMP, I had been cursed with a power, but one that could prove to be useful, but deadly to many.
At first the effect of the power on my body was subtle, but as time went by, it became more out of my control, and would appear more. Hence, the small black and red vines Clown most likely saw spiraling up my wrist. It started at my hand, but now, it's gotten to my wrist, where it's become almost impossible to cover up. I originally tried to cover up the curse by putting fingerless gloves over my hands, thinking it would be hidden, but I hadn't known that it would continue spreading.
But the danger wasn't the vines moving up my arm, it was the power it held.
This power would increase in power the more maniacal and evil I felt, and would also spread more if I felt that way. This power, was called void fire.
A fire that could burn and destroy anything in its path, a fire that wouldn't stop burning until it burned its victim. The only way it could be controlled is by the caster, who can control what or who it burns.
I knew I couldn't hide this secret for long from Clown, seeing that he had seemed to already look at the vines on my arms. I had also noticed the vines still slowly rising up my arms as I walked back with Clown to his home, so now was the time to tell him the secret.
I walked down the eerie hallway and down to the end where Clown's room resided. I knocked on his door, and waited for a response. A few moments later, Clown's jester mask peeked through the doorway.
                "Oh hey, Branzy. What's up?" The jester asked.
I took a deep breath as I told him, "I have something big to tell you, and you must not share this with anyone else, unless if I say." I say quickly.
                "Does it possibly have something to do with those...vines spreading up your arm there?" He said, indicating to my arm, of which vines were visibly above the glove line now.
"Possibly..." I respond, looking down and ashamed.
But Clown held the door as he told me, "Come in, let's talk then."
I accepted the invite as I walked into his room and sat on a small couch of his. Clown closed the door and sat on a chair across from me.
"Alright, what's going on? Especially with your arm here." He said, looking at me and then to my arm again.
I told him everything I knew about my power so far, especially since I didn't know if it had reached its full potential.
"So you're saying, that you have this power, that could possibly destroy anyone, no matter what armor they have or skill?" Clown asked me.
"Void fire, yes."
"Can you control it?" He said, still sounding calm.
"So far I can, see?" I told him. I snapped my fingers, creating a small black and blue flame.
He stared at the small flame, seemingly in shock as it danced along my fingers.
"Interesting," he said lowly. "How were you cursed with this Branzy?"
I played with the small flame, tossing it from hand to hand as I explained,
"Well, I was exploring an ancient city not too long ago with Rek, actually. The travel was going along just fine, until Rek accidentally caused a sound ripple, which activated a sensor, and alerting a warden. We started running away as fast as we could, and it seemed like we were going to escape, but the warden used its sonic shriek and hit us. Rek was luckily far enough, but it got close enough to me that it used some sort of powerful glowing vine or something like that. And I believe that's how I got this power. It also gave me this scar burn, but it doesn't hurt anymore." I told Clown.
I snapped again, making the flame disappear as I slowly took off my glove covering the deep scar. The scar was glowing slightly purple and blue, but very dimly. Protruding from that scar were the red and black veins that were crawling slowly up my arm.
                "So, you can only use this power if you have 'evil' energy stored inside you?" Clown asked curiously.
                 "Well, I have some in me right now, but I think I can still use it when I don't have any, it's just not nearly as powerful." I told him.
"Can I... ask you to test your power for me?" The jester asked cautiously.
Of course he'd ask something like that, him being the funny, yet smart and murderous Clown he is. But I wasn't going to deny his request, for I too was curious how much I could control my power. I followed Clown as he led me to this small clearing a few blocks away from his house, before I realized it looked eerily and oddly familiar.
It was because this was the clearing that Vitalasy and he fought in. I could still smell a charred and ashy smell from leftover burning, as well as some burnt or bare spots among the grass.
"I've been using this spot to practice my own training, as it's just a bare space, but it should also be a good space for you to practice your own power." Clown told me. He stepped to the side as he told me, "Show me what you've got."
I took a deep breath as I focused on the small burning yet calm sensation in my core, as I latched onto the feeling, creating an internal knot. I snapped my fingers once again, creating the blue and blackish flame. As I thrust my hands out towards the empty space as the fire spread from my fingers. It snakes through the grass as it traveled freely, but not burning the grass, as I had not wanted it to. Clown stared in awe as he asked,
"The fire...it didn't burn the grass, because you didn't want it to...right?" He said, slowly putting the pieces together.
I nodded as I replied, "Yes precisely, though I could burn something, if that's what you wanted to see?" I asked as I drew my hands back.
The fire quickly followed the motion, ceasing and returning to my hand. I waved my fingers around the small flame as Clown answered, "Yes, if you don't mind, here there's a log. I'll bring it over, just give me a sec."
Clown disappeared into the forest, presumably to get the log. But he quickly reappeared, coming out of the same area, dragging a long log behind him. He set the log down in front of me, as he stepped back again.
"Here, try it." He said as he gestured to the log.
I once again thrust my hands out, this time towards the log as it engulfed the wood within seconds. Clown stepped back again, most likely because the fire got close to him, and he didn't want to get burned. As the fire spread, I whispered,
"Burn."
The blue tips of the flame turned into blackness, but quickly turned back into the light cyan flames once more. As I lowered my hands, the fire ceased, revealing the charred and ashy surface of the burnt log. But I wasn't done yet, as there was one thing I hadn't told Clown about. I reached my hands out, reigniting the log as I recited,
"Revive."
This time, the usual blue flames turned into a light green hue among the dark black base of the fire. The flames quickly receded to my hands, revealing the same log, but it was different. One half, charred, ashy, and burnt, and the other, brown, healthy, and alive.
Clown stood shocked, staring at the log as he slowly walked over to the log curiously. He first touched the ashen covered side, soot covering his black gloves. He then touched the revived side, feeling the rough texture of the bark.
"Amazing," the jester breathed. "This is fascinating, Branzy!"
"Thanks, Clown! I knew I could come to you about this, since this power is so powerful, and deadly if it falls into the wrong hands." I told Clown as he stood up.

"You know, it's even deadlier that it fell into my hands...but don't worry, Branzy. Your secret is, and will be safe with me."

Hellooooo!
Welcome to a new chapter! Hopefully you enjoy this chapter, as it's been a while since the last one. Stay healthy, safe, and happy reading!
*sidenote: you should listen to Eternal by WE ARE FURY and TELLE, it's an amazing song 😄 or, if you want any suggestions for songs, feel free to DM me for ideas or even suggestions for me!
~N1ghtPierc3

(1546 words)