act six { of an unsound mind and a wrecked heart }

ss
mizuno household

"I'm on my way, Usagi. Don't worry about me."

"Well, you're my older sister. Of course I have to worry about you!"

"Hey, that's my line! Anyways, I'll be there soon. See you!"

With a hand on her hip and happy air, Usagi smiled as she shut her phone and slid it back in her pocket. The fact the message she sent her sister half-an-hour ago wasn't responded added Miyako didn't even call to confirm she got the message blared Usagi's panic alarms at once. She'd been at Ami's since the end of school and planned to pick her twin up, but matters concerning the Sailor Guardians took precendence over her familial matters. 

"Miyako said that she'll be here soon--what are you guys doing?" A sweat drooped from Usagi's forehead at the sight in the living room. When she stepped out to call her sister just for two seconds, something entirely different was happening in the neighbouring room. 

Still dressed in her uniform, Minako held the Holy Sword of the Silver Crystal high in the air. The sight would have confused any random person passing by. Ever since Queen Serenity entrusted her with the holy weapon, Minako was whole other person. Even if it was just a few days ago, whenever she had the chance at home, Minako would swing the blade around. It's damaging her ego, Artemis would say and end up face-to-face with the said sword. Sitting on the floor were Rei and Makoto, and somewhere in the apartment was Ami supposedly looking for something. As if she was caught doing something she shouldn't--no kids should be playing with otherworldly objects, warned Luna just before--Minako swung the sword down away from anybody.  

"I just couldn't resist the urge to hold this, so I brought it with me." Compared to the brunette on her side, Rei just shook her head while she drank her tea. How Minako managed to convince the public she wasn't carrying a sword was beyond her. What was more important was figuring out their future steps to their other problems. 

From a room in her house, Ami made a joyous noise before coming out with a small box. Still brandishing the sword she was entrusted with, Minako swung the weapon with ill-practiced ease, narrowly missing her friends faces many times, "We tested this metal on everything-- on rock, wood, bricks, and steel, and it cuts through them all perfectly." 

"Mina-chan, I bought you this ring for the necklace you--"

Just as Ami--who was weaponless--stepped a foot closer to Minako--who had a weapon--the Holy Sword was swung just as the blonde turned around. An audible slice cut through the air, silencing any warnings or screams that could have come out. Luna and Artemis watched in horror Ami's eyes widen and Minako's face fill with guilt. A singular thunk hit the wooden floor as the girls surrounded their genius. 

"I-It cut the ring perfectly..."

Cut perfectly from the metal framing, the jewel of the Venus-themed ring was carefully picked up by Makoto. Not a scratch or buff was found on the Sword's blade.  

"Oh my goodness! I am so sorry, Ami!" Minako wrapped her arms around the petite girl, who was left holding a box with a ring missing its jewel. Ami patted her friend's back to better them both

"It's alright, Minako. You don't have to feel guilty about anything. It's good, actually, because we know that the sword can cut through diamonds."

Placing the top-half of the ring on the table as she went to stand outside for fresh air, a familiar figure caught Makoto's eye down below. Her friends laughter zoned out when she recognized the unique shade of blue hair speed-walking below.  

"Guy, guys! Miyako is here! Hide the sword!"

Now, how does one actually hide a thousand-year old sword? "How about we mount it on the wall?" Minako held up the sword on an empty spot for her friends to analyze. Rei shook her head at the idea before grabbing the sword. In her hands at least nothing fragile, be it skin or diamonds, would accidentally be cut. Also at the idea, Usagi shook her head while everyone was rushing to find a good hiding place.