act twelve { the start of something big }

"Wrath?"

The logical side of Miyako was slowly creeping in even as the pistol was aimed to her forehead. Yes, her body was shaking and yes, the boy was still crying on her shoulder, but she's an older sister and eldest daughter. Nothing was going to steal her from this earth anytime soon. 

"Legendary Silver Crystal? What are you talking about—"

"You know what I'm talking about, now hand it over! We know you have with you somewhere!"

Miyako jumped at the loud scream, instinctively tightening her hold on the boy. If she could think straight, his crying reminded her of younger Shingo. She hated seeing him cry and would hug him until her whole back was drenched with tears if it calmed him down. From their fallen positions under the tree, Mamru and Usagi kept their eyes trained on the confused Miyako with tight breaths. The dark-haired girl yelled after her friend, her voice weaker than before. 

"W-We know that the Silver Crystal only comes out when you're in danger, s-s-so give it to us or die!"

"She has the Silver Crystal?"

Usagi's mind was hit with something sharper than a pistol's bullet. In their shouting matches, Miyako watched the girls switch positions so that the pink-haired and ruby-eyed girl now held the pistol. Slipping her finger over the trigger, the girl's ruby eyes looked down at the boy before pulling. 

"No, mama!"

All at once, a bang! went off as she was pushed to the ground and the girl was lifted to the air. Fortunately saved by her bag, Miyako's head was cushioned to see the boy wiping his wet cheeks. Her trembling hand touched her forehead, feeling no bullet hole. Miyako's body finally relaxed when she realized Mamoru was holding the pink-haired girl from the ground. 

"Let me go!" The girl riled free from the boy's hands. 

Just quickly as they came, Miyako walked the kids leave in a flash. Still laying on the ground, her eyes watched the ruby-eyed girl in her black sailor uniform while the other girl and boy wore a silver and white dress and navy-blue sailor uniform, respectively. Miyako's slack jaw hung open as two more shadows stood above her. Usagi straightened out her sister's neck before lifting her up to sit straight. At the touch, a picture of a woman's back flashed in Usagi's mind.  

The blonde was lost for words, but shook away her confusion seeing her sister still frozen shocked. "Miyako-chan, are you okay?"

Miyako's brows furrowed with unexplainable questions and her tongue shook with a scream ready to rip from her throat. But against her own odds, Miyako just let out a long sigh. 

"Y-Yeah, I think so. Everything happened so fast, I don't know what actually happened."

Usagi felt her sister's hands tremble as she stood her up. Her eyes wavered on her twin's sunken face--deep eyebags suddenly appeared under her eyes and the soft blue of her hair was dirtied by the ground. It was a rare sight seeing Miyako totally upended by a situation. Usagi would have cracked a joke, but Mamoru's voice reminded her of the new situation at hand.

"Are you hurt anywhere? That boy really clung onto you."

"N-No, I'm fine." Miyako brushed down her uniform before taking her bag from Mamoru. An awkward air passed between the teenagers. Feeling more odd than ever before, Miyako focused her attention to the ground while her hands clenched her bag straps. If the wind had the power to tip her over, she wished it would bury her as well. 

Then Usagi clapped a hand in her face. In an instant, the heavy air was blown away and the sister's joined hands. 

"Well, Miyako and I should head home before our mom gets fussy. I'll see you later, Mamoru."