act sixteen { the high time of revelations }

A soft breeze murmured against a young woman's skin. It called for her to wake up, to enjoy the sun's glow. When her eyes opened, a sea of dark hair obscured her eyes. The sight caught her breath before a pair of cerulean eyes washed over joined with a happy smile. A matching expression joined her face when a hand brushed her cheek. 

"It is when you wake my soul jumps again." 

From the depths of the woman's lungs roared a laugh. The prince above her drew circles on her cheeks until her mind fully rose from its nap. When she looked up to him, her mouth opened to speak his name. But not a sound cam out. As she rest on a blanket, her brows furrowed while she stare into her lover's eyes. He caught her confusion and leaned closer.  

"What is the matter? Is something wrong?" The prince caught hesitation in his princess' eyes. His fingers swam in the depths of her hair. 

The princess wanted to say his name, but shook her head when the sound failed to come out. It was melody lost to her tongue, a sound her voice could not replicate.  

"It is nothing..." Before she could speak, a harsher breeze pushed by them, lifting the fallen leaves and flowers into the air. 

Mamoru covered his face when a cool breeze brushed back his hair. A low grunt sounded behind him after he slid the balcony door behind him. He turned to see Miyako seemingly struggling in her sleep, hugging Mako close to her squirming body. Cute, the teen told himself 

The softness of whatever she tucked herself into eventually woke Miyako up from her sleep. Softly, gently, and slowly did her mind rise from unconsciousness. The breeze she felt in her dream was too cool to be fake. She hadn't realized her surroundings, even with the muffling of laughs, as she lifted her head. A shocking pair of cerulean eyes transported her back to her dream for a quick moment. 

"...Endymion..."

Mamoru froze. He was positioned perfectly to see Miyako blinking herself awake, dazed from sleep. His wide eyes blinked back surprise when he realized the girl was finally waking up.   

"S-sorry, did I wake you up? I opened the door, not knowing if you were awake or not." 

Miyako's face warmed real quick. Even if she hated to admit it, she knew she spoke in her sleep. A trait she shared with her sister in the drowsy hours of the morning. But fortunately for her, Mamoru musn't have noticed because he walked about like she hadn't said a thing. As she sat up, one of her hands flew to fix her wild hair. 

"N-no you didn't, Mamoru."

The teen's other hand held onto Mako, who unknown to either Miyako or Mamoru, watched everything from under his eyelashes. He mentally rolled his eyes before feigning a slow wake up. In Miyako's arms at this hour of the morning, he knew all her attention would be on him if he operated slower than Miya or Chibiusa. The boy stretched himself across her torso as she sat up.  

"Hmm, what's that smell?" Perking her head up at the smell of food while she hoisted Mako into her arms, Miyako moved her sights to the dining room. Two heads moved side-to-side in delight.  

"Good morning, Miyako!" Both Miya and Chibiusa smiled at the teen as they had fork-fulls of eggs in their mouths. "Mamo-chan made all this breakfast! Do you want some?" 

The girls didn't hide their joy at stuffing their faces with food. They were dressed in Mamoru's old shirts so their clothes wouldn't be stained. It was a testament to how good his food was. I didn't know how much food you wanted, so I made enough for everyone to be full." Mamoru scratched the back of his neck when Miyako surveyed the full table.  An international breakfast was served to the group of five.