act twenty { the soul: the second awakening }

In the clutches of a mad man who had the strength to snap her bones with just a shift, a familiar voice crying out into the night answered all her prayers. In her attempts to look back at her sister, scream that she was here and held up, Rubeus actually looked at her. Not like before, how he scanned her clothes and brushed everything she wore as so human. No, this time he forced himself to look at her from the crown of her head to her kicking feet. When Miyako looked back at him, her wide eyes held the same horror he remembered decades back. A spark was held in her eyes and even if he caught sight of that spark only in passing, no living man would forget it. 

Rubeus's red eyes widening in reckoning. 

"Wait, aren't you--"

A flying tiara and exploding rose broke his concentration. Before the attacks could collide into him, Rubeus and Miyako vanished from the ground to appear atop the fountain. Sailor Moon skidded to a stop to see her sister trapped in the arms of her comrades kidnapper. Her blood boiled at the sight of Miyako struggling to no use and Rubeus just laughing. 

Tuxedo Mask was quick to remove the black crystal from Sailor Venus' back. The black object shocked him the longer he pinched it through his gloves. It was thrown to the ground and crushed under Venus' heel before it could be used as a weapon again. The then two joined Sailor Moon at the base of the fountain.

"Usagi, Usagi! Help me, please!"

In his laughing fit, Rubeus listened to the girl cry for a girl he supposed was her sister...but something was strange. Sailor Moon looked at him with utter hatred and continuously flung her tiara at him. Between his vanishing acts, the two constants was the human girl crying in his arms for an 'Usagi' and Sailor Moon trying her hardest to strike him. More dots were connecting in the warrior's mind. 

"So, the human girl is your sister, Sailor Moon."

Another malefic black crystal was summoned from his supply and shot down at the Sailor Guardians and Tuxedo Mask below. It was another game for Rubeus, watching the three avoid certain pain by him. But alas, it took only a few passes of time before they were all victim to the electrifying and triumphant evil of the black crystal.

Anguished screaming she knew came from her sister's lips churned something in Miyako. When her feet finally touched the ground, she finally found herself turning around. Her lips parted to scream her sister's name but it slowly closed when she saw a downed hero on the ground. Sailor Moon of the Sailor Guardians she would hear everywhere was pinned to the ground by a black crystal while Sailor Venus and the bandit Tuxedo Mask were heaving long breaths. Cuts, bruises, and tears littered them. 

"Wait, Usagi? Where am you? Where am I..."

"Let go of her, Rubeus!"

Miyako's eyes flicked to the masked bandit. His black tuxedo looked like midnight in the dark. He could blend with the night, sole for his white mask. Her hands ceased their shaking when she realized Rubeus had loosened his hold on her. 

"O, and why should I do that?"

"The fight you want is with us, Rubeus. Let her go and fight us, or are you a coward? There's nothing you'll get of keeping that girl hostage." The blonde in white-and-yellow, the famous Sailor Venus, yelled at the man called Rubeus. A chain rope hung at her hips and fit between her hands. 

A bristled sigh past the redhead as he thought for one second. His same wicked smile reappeared without much thought when he shook his head and said, "Um, no. I don't want to."

"Then that leaves us no choice." Preparing her chain and reaching into his pocket, Sailor Venus and Tuxedo Mask shot their weapons towards the man, who vanished with Miyako liked it was a simple card trick. Gasps left their mouths as they looked around the dark silence. The Moon hid behind thinning clouds again, hiding her reach to the top of the fountain.