act two { the soul: the first awakening }

"O, you have tried to come against me, but again you have failed. Now, how do you see your deaths to be? Quick? Violent?"

Standing over the Sailor Guardians was a menacing shadow of ice and cold. Kunzite stared down at the fallen girls without remorse nor desire to treat, for why should he? This group of colour-coded girls was the only thing stopping his queen from taking control of the world, fulfilling a mission a thousand years in the making. A senile smile creeped over his face as he watched the girls hold their broken bodies, writhe in the pain he forced them in, and utter not a word by groans and quiet cries. Yet the most important of them all, the Princess Sailor V, stood among her fallen friends. Her hands balled to fists at her sides and her chest rose with heavy power.  

"You have to stop! They're not the ones you're after. It's me! Stop hurting them or I will never think about giving you the Crystal." 

Kunzite focused his narrowed sight on the standing Guardian, the means to a powerful end he vowed to grow. His white hair flowed behind his back as he stood in understanding her threat. "Well then, Princess. Should we begin our talk?"

Right after the last syllable left his tongue, Kunzite threw a heinous attack of dark energy at Sailor V, throwing her relentlessly to the ground. 

"Sailor V!"

Gritting her knuckles and steeling her muscles to sit up, Sailor Moon caught herself from buckling over. The scream of her friend woke the girl from her near unconscious state and reminded her of the fate the world would befall if the Dark Kingdom reached their goal. Her eyes stared straight at Kunzite's laughing figure. The corners of her mouth shook, unsure of what to speak first: release a scream or spill her emotions through power. It was the power in her legs that charged her body before her mind could think.  

"How dare you! How dare you hurt her like that!" Blinded by annoyance and rage, the Guardian of the Moon charged towards Kunzite, Moon Crescent Wand in hand. 

ss

"I should really be getting sleep if I'm hearing weird voices."

Slowly turning around to see no one behind her, Miyako shook her head and moved to pack her homework. Packed neatly in her bag, ready for the next day, she slipped her glasses off to rub the bridge of her nose before jumping in bed. Her head relaxed onto the silk pillowcase, her body warmed under the fluffy blankets--everything was perfect for sleep--yet her mind couldn't find the ease to sleep. Miyako turned to the empty spot next to her with pressed lips. "How long is Usagi going out for? Maybe they're playing a game or something wild at Makoto's, but did she take any clothes? Or even a sleeping bag?"

Voicing her thoughts aloud, Miyako pursed her lips into a thinner line before dismissing all distracting thoughts. If her mind wondered on Usagi even more, she was never going to sleep. Covering her shoulders with blankets, Miyako sunk herself into a transcendent sleepless night.  

"Please wake up."

A whisper so light it could have been a thought spoke through the air, yet Miyako remained undisturbed in her sleep. The voice was calm, yet each word was spoken with heavy weight of begging.  

"Please wake up. You have to save Endymion and your sister."

Rustles of sheets sounded from the blankets deepness. A shallow breath finally cracked through the room's silence. Within the depths of Miyako's chest came a banging sound like its counterpart from the morning. Pounding harder than a hammer against a nail, stronger than a boulder to ground, to breath felt like a tongue was scraping on sandpaper. Interrupting the darkness in the girl's mind was the voice begging for her to wake up. Who? Miyako questioned in her mind, but heard no response. The lack of answers followed by the repeating questions forced the girl from her slumber.