DJ Part 7

D.J. Chapter 7

Buck had actually been thoughtful for a few days but he didn't want D.J. would notice. She was too happy to upset her with his thoughts, thoughts that in reality he could not even manage, a feeling was buzzing in his head that he could not tell if it worried him or made him happy. He realized he had to share his feelings with someone and thought Lou was the best person.

A few days after Christmas, an afternoon when there was nothing particularly urgent to do and when he had preferred to leave D.J. who was devoting herself to writing the new chapter of her book and who was immersed in her research, decided to open up with Lou.

"Lou, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure Buck, tell me"

"Can we go to a quieter place?"

"Should I worry Buck? I've seen you strange since Christmas, are you okay? D.J. is fine?"

"Yes, or at least I think"

"What do you mean?"

"Please Lou, let's go somewhere more secluded so that no one can hear or interrupt us"

"Okay, let's take a ride to the river, okay?"

Buck nodded a little amused: right at the river where he and D.J. had met, how strange fate sometimes ...

Arrived, Lou and Buck dismounted and the girl asked him again as they sat down: "What's wrong Buck?"

"I don't know Lou, it's just a feeling, but I have to talk to someone, a woman"

"Okay, I'll listen to you"

"You know how I feel about D.J., she makes me feel good and I feel complete and fulfilled with her, completely loved and accepted for who I am like never before in my life, think that when we met she didn't even realize I'm half Indian. She loves me for who I am inside, not for the color of my skin or where I come from "

"So where is the problem?", Lou interrupted him.

"Let me finish Lou, it's very hard for me to talk about it, but I need it"

"OK sorry"

"I have been considering the idea of ​​asking her to marry me for some time, even though it may seem soon, and I was just waiting for the right moment"

"But it's fantastic"

"Lou, please"

"Sorry Buck"

"I think the right time has come and I think I also have to hurry"

"Why? Oh, sorry, I can't shut up "

"Well, here, you know that I always sleep with her except the days of her period ... here, this month I always slept with her ..."

"Oh my God, do you mean that ...?"

"I don't know Lou, but it seems strange to me that she hasn't had her period, maybe it's a simple delay or maybe we're really expecting a baby. That's why I wanted to talk to you. I would like to propose to marry but I would not want her to think that I am doing it just because I think she is pregnant. And if it were, I would be immensely happy about it, but very worried about her reputation. We have always tried to be careful, but anything can happen. What should I do Lou? "

"Speak to her from the heart Buck, tell her what you said to me, that you have been thinking of marrying her for a long time and that this would be the right time if she really was pregnant. Don't hide anything from her. She knows you love her and will understand that yours is not a remedial proposition. And if she is pregnant, congratulations, we will find a way to resolve the situation "