Skinny

Regulus didn't realize how much Walburga's words effected him until James Potter notices.

Tw: Eating disorder

Regulus didn't necessarily like the fact that he was in James' home. He was with Sirius, and that's all that really mattered. He did wish that Sirius had just gotten his own apartment though. He didn't like the fact that he felt like a visitor when he knew he'd be there as long as Sirius would, and who knows how long that would be.

Regulus felt like he needed to keep his room as tidy as it was when he first walked in the night he was thrown out. Yeah, Regulus was thrown out as well. Not even a week after Sirius was thrown out, Walburga had started yelling at Regulus. One thing led to another, and Regulus was a messy on the Potter's doorstep. Regulus had begun to beg James to stay there, but James had just cut him off, telling him he'd always be welcome.

Regulus didn't like the fact that all of Sirius' friends were constantly over. He hated seeing how happy his brother was with his friends. He stayed back, fearing he'd ruin it if he joined.

Sirius had tried to make it clear to Regulus that he wanted Regulus around more, but Regulus didn't think he was being genuine.

Regulus was currently walking towards the shared bathroom. He shared it with Sirius and James, Remus and Peter shared a different one. It was way to late, but he really wanted to take a hot shower. He had prepared himself to apologize profusely to James' parents about the late night shower. Regulus' head fell overwhelmingly, and he wanted the clarity he got in the water.

He closed the door silently behind him before turning on the light. He slipped his shirt off, trying not to look in the mirror. He leaned into the shower to turn of the water. He let it heat up while he finished undressing. When he stepped back, his eyes caught on the mirror. He stared at his body littered with small scars and some fresh bruises. He couldn't imagine what he brothers body looked like. Sirius always tried to take Regulus punishments for himself. He was unbelievable guilty for his brothers pain.

He ran his hands along his ribs, feeling the dips between them. He knew he needed to eat more now. He just couldn't get Walburga's voice out of his head.

"You eat anymore, we may as well make enough for the whole family." "Could you save some food for the rest of us?"

Regulus hated the way that James' mom would sadly look at him when he'd state his done, but what else was he supposed to do? He didn't want to make her cook more then was necessary.

He turned to the side a smiled at the look of his flat stomach. Maybe Walburga was right, he looked better skinny.

He leaned toward the mirror examining his sunken checks. That probably wasn't good, but it made him look nice. He ran a hand through his hair, shaking off the pieces that followed his fingers.

He jumped when he heard a knock at the door. "I'm- I'm in here!" Regulus yelled to the person on the other side.

"Yeah, I know," James' voice stated from the other side. "I heard the water start, and I brought you a towel. I believe I had used the last one, and the elves don't do the laundry until the morning." Regulus ignored the flutter he felt in his chest.

"Thanks, James," Regulus smiled. He watched as the door opened slightly, and a fluffy red towel was shoved through the crack. Regulus tried to grab it, but before he could, James dropped it. He bent down to grab it at the same time as James, and the door opened more than Regulus would prefer.

When James looked up, he instantly flushed. Regulus did the same. He looked away feeling exposed.

"Uh, you look, um, small," James sounded like he suddenly changed the direction of his sentence at the last moment.

Regulus snapped his eyes back to James', "What do you mean?" He was quiet.

"You're really skinny, Regulus." James sounded sad. Regulus hated it.

"I don't know what you mean." Of course he knew. Wasn't it a good thing he was skinny? Why didn't James like it? No, he ignored that thought.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to stare," James sounded like he finally realized what was happening. He handed Regulus the towel. "I'm serious though, I better see you eat more tomorrow morning."

Regulus just nodded. He's never been told to eat more by someone before. He watched as James walked back to his room.

Regulus just slowly closed the door before continuing getting into the shower.

Instead of a peaceful shower Regulus was hoping for he got one full of James Potter and breakfast. Was how skinny he was actually a problem?