Photo Booth

Regulus and James have a secret relationship, and they aren't exactly happy about it. Walburga wouldn't be happy about it though, so it's a secret. When Regulus sleepily talks about a muggle date, James gets an idea.

Regulus loved James. He loved James with his entire heart. Sometimes, it hurt that they had to keep their relationship a secret. It hurt when he saw James keep his act up with chasing Lily, but he loved James. He would do anything for him.

He loved feeling James' arms wrapped around his waist or their lips connected. He loved waking up in the early morning with James next to him, before he had to leave.

Needless to say, Regulus truly loved James, and despite questioning it, Regulus knew deep down that James loved him too. He can feel it in the way James touches him. He feels it in the weight of words whispered in his ear. He overthinks it a lot, but he knows James loves him.

He longed to go out for dates or walk around together in the hallway though. He wanted to do normal couple things with James. He was tired of only ever seeing James in one of their dormitories when they were sure it would be empty.

There have been times where Regulus has had to sneak out before, and some where James has had to. They make it work though. That's what love is.

Last night, Regulus whispered to James, half asleep, that he would love to go on a muggle date. He muttered about a fancy dinner where they can dress up, and act better than they think they are. He talked about being deep in muggle London where no one would possibly recognize them. He  laughed to himself about the crazy idea as he listened to James' heartbeat.

He woke up to laughing coming outside James' curtains. He froze, and he quietly shifted himself to be covered more. James wasn't in bed with him. He was talking with everyone else, and Regulus was still in his bed. He tried to figure out what was being said, but he realized James had put up a silencing charm. He relaxed into the smell of his boyfriend, and he listened to the murmurs coming from around him. He heard Sirius' voice, and he smiled slightly to himself. He missed his brother, and he hoped to talk to him again soon. He also heard Remus talking as well, and he wished he could talk to him. He seemed so nice. He stayed out, and he waited for the curtains to open once again.

He brought the blankets over his face when he curtain began rustling. "Oh, Reggie, they're gone now. I didn't mean to wake you, Love." James' voice was quiet, and Regulus felt a kiss pressed into his hair. "I have something planned, and I convinced them to let me go. As long as I'm back by dawn, I can go," James smirked. Regulus looked at James with a questioning expression. "Or well, if we're back, I should say. Now, I called one of the house elf's to collect your fancier clothes, so it's time to get ready." Regulus was confused.

"What? Where are we going? Why do I need to dress up? Are we going together? How did-" James cut him off with a kiss, and Regulus let himself be silenced.

"Let's get ready, Love."

James made sure the door was locked before they began changing. James helped Regulus decide what to wear, and he matched his clothes with Regulus'. Regulus grabbed a solid black tie that James placed on his bed, and he began tying it around James' neck. He received a smile in return, and Regulus gave him a short kiss as he finished. "You have to let me return the favor," James joked, as he began buttoning the rest of Regulus' shirt.

They weren't suit and tie dressed up, but they were close. They were dressed a little more casual. James laughed when Regulus asked to wear his dark green button up after James said no suit. James told him he could, but only if James could wear red. So here they were, the outfits complimented each other, but it made them laugh a little.