Firewhiskey

Regulus was punished last night at dinner for talking up, and he starts drinking. Maybe a little too much.

Tw: Abuse

Regulus had gotten punished in front of half the family last night, in front of Sirius. He had to endure the crucio spell for multiple minutes. In front of half of the family. He felt embarrassed. All he did was say he didn't think muggle-borns were as bad as they thought. Sirius had said worse stuff in front of the family with no punishment.

He was incredibly annoyed. Not just at the fact, it was also the fact he was still slightly shaking from it. He woke up this morning with mud in his muscles and cracking in his bones. His head was pounding and all he wanted to do was lay there. He was never going to get out of this house alive.

He had gotten up to use the bathroom once, and it's already two o'clock. On his way bad he grabbed a bottle of firewhiskey he had stolen and hid in his closet. He took another big sip, and he enjoyed the burn it left in his throat.

He felt the mud loosen slightly, and he felt a fog begin to form in his mind. He continued taking big drinks, not bothering to pace himself. He heard feet begin to approach his door, and he screwed the cap on the firewhiskey, and he tossed it to the side. For a second he forgot what he was waiting for, then his door opened. "Reg," Sirius' voice called out. Regulus felt like he wanted to laugh. He didn't have it in him to stop himself. He burst out laughing. Of course Sirius was here. Sirius was here and he was going to make fun of Sirius. Say how he's faced worse from their mother, and he shouldn't be drinking. He's going to tell Regulus that he's disappointed he caused a scene, a scene not big enough for the punishment. He's going to tell Regulus he was a coward, and Regulus was laughing. He rolled over slightly, and he continued laughing into his blankets. He felt tears father in his eyes, and this was hilarious.

"Regulus," Sirius' voice was stern, but Regulus couldn't stop laughing. "I'm leaving." That sobered Regulus up pretty fast. Regulus shot up to look at Sirius, regretting it when the whole world swayed. "I'm leaving, and I want you to come with me," Sirius stated, a hard look in his eyes. Regulus had to fight the fog packed into his brain to figure out what to say back.

"Why," he decided on.

"Because your my brother," Sirius said like he thought Regulus was crazy. "And I cant sit around and watch mother treat you like that. So, come on, Regulus, let's get your stuff together," Sirius' voice became soft. Regulus vaguely thought he should protest should try to make mother proud, but the fog over his mind made those thoughts nothing but whispers. He was reminded of how bad their mother can be by the shake still present in his body. He nodded, and he tried to get up. He had to reach out to Sirius, so he didn't fall over. God, maybe he shouldn't have drank so much.

Sirius was so patient with him. It surprised Regulus. Sirius packed what Regulus could think of, along with anything he thought Regulus would want. He gave the small trunk to Regulus, and he sat Regulus on the edge of his bed before stating, "I'll be right back with my stuff, Regulus. Then we're going to leave, and we're never going to look back." Regulus nodded, and Sirius rushed off. Regulus looked around, and he spotted the bottle of firewhiskey. Against his better judgement, he took a long drink from the bottle. Sirius walked in as he lowered the bottle. "Regulus," Sirius practically whimpered. Sirius rushed over, and he took the alcohol from Regulus which Regulus only slightly fought. Sirius threw it to the corner of Regulus' bed, and he wrapped his arms around Regulus' waist. He practically varied Regulus, as well as all their stuff, all the way down the stairs. They were about to walk out the door when Walburga's voice boomed from the stairs.

"And, where do you two think you're going?" she yelled. Regulus flinched, but Sirius didn't even look back.

"We're leaving." And with that, Sirius actually picked up Regulus, and he begun running. Once they got far enough, Sirius apperated them away.

Sirius began bagging on a door once they appeared at the location. His arms were the only thing holding Regulus up. He felt like he wanted all of his insides on the outside of his being.

Regulus looked up when he heard a new voice. He entire body went stiff when he saw James Potter. He must really be too drunk. Regulus felt a laugh bubble up his throat. He couldn't stop it, and he heard Sirius say something. He was being guided in James Potter's house.

Regulus continued laughing, crying at this point, until Sirius sat him down. He got distracted by the soft fabric under his hands. He smiled wide as he continued to rub the fabric. "You having fun?" He heard James ask.

He just nodded; he was a little to drunk to process what was actually happening now. He continued rubbing the fabric until he heard a laugh, which he jumped at.

"You like the feeling of the couch?" James smiled at Regulus. Regulus just stared at James. He was really pretty.

"Okay, Regulus, how about you go to bed," Sirius suddenly spoke up. Regulus instantly started a slurred protest about how he is enjoying himself. "I bet you are, but you are far to drunk to understand anything that's going on right now." Regulus felt the same fabric now under his head, and there was a heavy pressure on top of him. He closed his eyes slowly trying to figure where the hell he was and why James Potter was there.