Answers

Fifty-Four:

Into the Deep

I'm struggling to stay up into the surface as the current was too strong to stay up and I'm losing it. I even losing my grip of holding on to Almos and I know he was also trying to fight the strong current that forcibly separates us.

Nevertheless, he keeps holding me tight and before I drown, he once again gives me air by our mouth. It was kind of a kiss but not, it's most of a survival to let us breathe freely without drowning. We continue to go on and on as the current seems not ready to stop, until, it slowly begin to calm.

Almos release my mouth, enough for me to have some oxygen, and he instructed me using his hand to swim up as finally the current stop raging. I nodded and we swim back to the surface only to be welcome by a blue sky.

Breathless I ask. "Where are we?"

"I don't know." He honestly answered as he roams his eyes around. "There!" he said and points into something. "There's an island only a few distance away."

"Where?" I quickly look through the place he was looking and there, I saw it, an island from nowhere.

"Can you still swim?" he worriedly asked.

"Yes, I can." Even though I am tired and almost reaching my limits, I still said yes and put all my left strength to swim towards this island.

...

I fall on the sand as soon as we reach the mysterious island, breathless I manage to stare up in the sky.

'How was there a vast blue sky here? Where it came from? And this island, what is in this place? Why is there something like this in the deepest of my mind? What is happening?'

"I know you have lots of questions right now, but this isn't the right time for that. We still need to find the right door to get out of this place before the Dark Spirit comes again." Almos said and I know he heard what's on my mind.

"You couldn't blame me, Almos. There are lots of things I wanted to find an answer. And ever since we kiss, my mind was suddenly confused because of various visions that I didn't know if there are true or not. Stories that I know have been a part of my life but none of them I remember even the moments when you're by my side for reasons I don't know why." I stated and look at him. "Who are you? Why do I have memories with you but in another time and place? If reincarnation is true, then what role did you play in my past life ago? Tell me the truth, Almos. Maybe, I have the right to know what is true, don't I?" I seriously asked and I saw how his gesture changes afterwards.

"I don't know where I start," he begins. "Are you sure you want to know what I only know?"

"Yes, I'm so sure."

Almos got up first from lying on the sand and stared at me intently. "I met you a very long time ago. When everything on Earth was only half away from the beginning and when God created all the living things together with the humankind. You were once lived and died as a human, a lady named Fe Dougenis."

"From the Ancient Times?"

"Indeed. She was your first life before you were reincarnate as Jeanne Fabbri."

I got up first from lying on the sand and stares right at the waves that touching my feet. I don't know how long I stare on it, but it seems ages ago I can feel that my feet already frozen from the cold water coming from the sea.

"Jeanne!" Almos called out and I quickly snapped out of it and stare back at him. "Are you sure you want me to continue?"

"I want too but the water, it's getting colder." I answered.

"Alright, then, let's go for a while and find the door that will lead you to wake up from your coma." I just silently nodded and let myself to hold on to his hand when he was already got up from the sand.

From there, we move in to this island's forest without directions, we went on to this open trail and follow its path in silence. None of us made a noise, and only our breaths can be heard as we enter this unexplored island.

*** ***

Earth; Gyles Residence

"Do you have any idea why Azazel came here to Earth and pretend to be a human?" Ilmatar asked while still guarding Jeanne's body.

"I don't." Dione honestly answered. "I even consulted the Goddess of Vision to find out the future, but that also has been blurred because of the drastic changes happened before Elbrus death. And I know you know what I mean Ilmatar. You are the only one who can answer my question, what happened before Elbrus' death? What did he do just to save the Special Spirit? Tell me."

Ilmatar gestures changes and Dione knows best that she won't tell anything yet still, hope is what she clinging for a long time and she will not just give up with it.

"I'm not supposed to tell you what happened before." Ilmatar finally spoke after the long debate to herself.

"It's because Father doesn't want you to talk about it?"

"Indeed. He made me to promise not to speak of it."

"And you voluntarily agree."

"You couldn't blame me it was for Elbrus's sake."

"I know. And bringing him back to life as an Angel was also your desire to give him another chance."

"How did you know that?"

"The Goddess of Vision told me." She answered. "At first, I don't believe her but seeing how you guide and protect him. I already confirm it, mostly when I met Fe's reincarnation. Although, it isn't enough to answer all the questions I have in mind, and only you can answer."

*** ***