The Beginning

As the day is about to end for the PAW Patrol, After doing some hard work and missions. They all returned to the lookout for dinner. Chase and the other pups was waiting for Ryder to set up there food bowls for dinner. "Wow dudes, we totally had a major rescue day." exclaimed the Labrador Zuma as he panted from tiredness. "Totally... could use a big bowl of pup treats after that big mission work out." replied Rubble and giggled. "Alright pups, foods ready." Ryder called out on the food dispenser area and all the pups expect Chase came in and ate dinner. "Hey pups, Where's Chase?" asked Ryder as he looked around looking for signs of the police pup. "Come to think of it. I think he's still outside." Skye replied. Ryder walked outside to see Chase just at the big tree of there play area, resting as he called out Chase's name. "Chase! dinners ready!" called out Ryder. Chase raised his ears up, as he heard the voice of his leader calling out. "Oh?! coming Ryder sir." as Chase ran to him and panted. "Sorry Ryder. just got out to get some fresh air." explained the police pup "It's alright Chase. the foods waiting for you." Ryder said and both began to walk to the area where the pups are still eating. Till... "Uhm.. Ryder, I think you forgot to put dinner on my bowl" Chase said. "What?! I'm sure I did put food on your bowl." till both of them saw Rubble having a innocent smile and giggle. "Rubble.." both exclaimed. "S-sorry... I was just so hungry" Rubble whined. "It's alright Rubble. I wasn't that hungry anyway" Chase said softly and walked off to his pup house. "But, Chase you'll get-" Marshall got cut off as Chase had left the tower. "Hmmm... I'll take note to buy new bags of pup treats as, you pups ate the last bag." Ryder told the pups. "What about Chase? he'll be hungry, there's got to be something else for him to eat" Marshall worryingly said. Ryder went through the cabinets and only seems to find just milk powder next to empty bags of pup treats. "We'll... there's only milk. we don't have anything else, and it's super late so I can't just go to Katie's place or Mr. Porter's" Ryder said. "Well at least it'll help Chase keep warm and maybe even full up his tummy a little?" Rocky suggested and thought. "Hmm... well it's worth a shot." Ryder said so. Ryder walked over to Chase's pup house holding his food bowl but this time filled with warm milk. "Chase?" Ryder knocked and saw Chase comes out. "Uhm? what's this Ryder sir? Chase confused on seeing so. "We'll I'm sorry about the dinner. we ran out of pup treats and the only thing I can find is the milk." Ryder said. "We'll it may not be much, but at least it'll help you get through the night and maybe even rest Chase" Marshall happily responded. "I- uhhh... I guess? but thanks." Chase questioned a bit but didn't care anyways as Ryder put the warm milk on his pup bowl and places it gently Infront of the police pup. "Well hopefully it'll help Chase, I'll get you extra tomorrow when breakfast starts okay?" Ryder assured and gave Chase a pat on the head. "Thanks Ryder" Chase giggled softly and started to drink up the warm milk given to him although it was strange to be back on consuming the type of meal he had taken when he was just wee little pup, it wont hurt much. "Hope it helps to get you in bed Chase" said Marshall concerned a bit. "It's fine Marshall, I'll be fine. thank you again" Chase let out a soft sigh. "Well- better get to bed... as usual-" Chase went to his pup bed and laid down as he wanted rest after much work done from the day of rescues. Meanwhile, Marshall felt a bit sad or guilt from what happened and left chase alone for the night to let him get some rest. "Good night Chase" Chase got up as he grabbed a notebook and started to write up what happened in the rescued and typical action stuff, till we eventually get to Chase's expression of what he feels. "We'll- for the most part it felt a bit weird to drink milk again... but I can't really argue, it tastes the same as when I was little and it wasn't that bad. Although it's all just in the past... I'm a pup now... things aren't gonna be what they are." Chase let out a tears as he felt nothing but sadness as he can't even get a break of whatever has been bothering him so much. "i- I don't know why I feel this way... but all I have do, is do what I gotta do as a Pup to move on from it, i-i just don't understand if many people do like me and knows me.... why can't I be fully satisfied or at least accept what I am... it's like I don't know who I am and what I do... I just want someone to comfort me to the point that I have to forget or even get me to understand why I feel this way..." Chase left the notebook open as he laid down tearing up and eventually went to bed from exhaustion.