Eternal Hell

Until a while ago, Subaru was getting ready to have his breakfest with bread and butter that he bought from the market yesterday, and now, in a twisted turn of events, he is now currently in line to be tortured and killed off by Ram.

Why? Why? said Subaru with a weak voice, both fielding despair and helplessness.

Why do you ask?

Is that even a question? yelled Ram as she slapped Subaru so hard that one of his teeth came out.

Subaru mastered the bit of strength he had left to face up and look into Ram's eyes and said, I am sorry for what happened to Rem.

Ram ignored him and just stood up and looked at Subaru's bindings to ensure that he couldn't escape. She walked towards the only door the room had, which was an old, rusted steel door with a bunch of claw marks. She took out a key and opened the lock, and then she went outside.

Subaru looked at his bleeding arm, which was previously sliced off by Ram.

How did this happen? Were they all just acting? Have I been too naive?

This isn't my world...

I am just a foreigner here with no connection or friends.

The word friend brought pain to his heart. The witches are now gone and are never going to come back, and it's all his fault.

Subaru looked around, trying to find something that could help him get out of this situation.

Ram finally came back with some rusted tools and a chair. She moved the table, which was on the left side of the room.

The table was now in front of Subaru, and Ram was sitting on the chair that she bought, which was on the opposite side of the table.

Subaru saw a deck of cards in Ram's hand.

What is she planning on doing with a deck of cards?

Let's play a game, said Ram as she started placing the cards on the table one by one.

A game where I will cut one of your fingers every time you lose, said Ram as she finished placing the cards.

Subaru said nothing and only kept staring at her.

You must be thinking you were betrayed or something, said Ram. But I will have to tell you that in this world, witches are evil and are supposed to be disposed of.

Even if they have no ill intention, they can only cause suffering and death.

And the same goes for you too

For example, The Witch of Wrath only wanted to end people's suffering, so she kept healing people after people, and because of that, it caused countless calamities everywhere.

And some are just pure evil, like the witch of Gluttony, who created the three great magic beasts who devour everything in their paths, leaving not a single drop of blood, and the list goes on.

Subaru kept quiet knowing that what she just said was the true of this forsaken world. Stella herself said that she had destroyed half of the world.

I lost my horn, family, village, and now finally my sister to you, the mortal sins...

It's not just me; everyone has suffered at the hands of the witches.

Ok, then enough talking for now. Let's start playing, Ram said as she looked into Subaru's eyes.

Ram grabbed a card and said, Which one do you want to pick?

You haven't even told me the rules of the game first.

The rules are simple. If the number of the card that I have is higher than yours, then you lose a finger, said Ram as if it's normal.

Subaru gave a small laugh and said, I need to lose five times until I get to die.

Yes

Subaru looked at the cards and said, Pick up the fourth one.

Ram picked it up and said, Lucky you!

You got 3, which is less than mine, said Ram as she went up to get a rusty knife from the box of tools that she had previously brought over.

Can't you just use magic? asked Suabru clearly, knowing that he would be in a hell of a pain if she cut off each of his fingers slowly with a rusty knife like that!

Using magic wouldn't be as enjoyable as this, said Ram as she walked towards him with the knife in her hand.

Suabru's right hand was tied up behind the chair, so she started untying the rope.

There were two mechanisms on the table clearly made to chain up someone's arms.

After Ram hand-chained Subaru's right hand, she took the knife and started cutting his thumb.

Subaru's gritted his teeth, trying not to scream, as he knew Ram would be very pleased if he screamed.

Seeing that, Ram decided to move a bit faster until she reached the bone.

Subaru couldn't bear it anymore, as he started screaming in pain.

Finally, Ram got what she was waiting for.

It took 20 minutes until his finger was fully removed from his hand.

Subaru was having trouble breathing and staying conscious.

Ram then asked, which card?

Suabru didn't have any strength in him to make sense of what she was saying or doing.

You really lost your mind with just that. You really are a weak brat.

I will then just continue cutting your fingers off one by one if you don't respond.

Finally understanding what she was saying, Subaru yelled the sixth one.

It's 7, which is still less than my card!

No! No!!!

It took Ram 30 minutes to cut off his other finger.

Subaru couldn't handle it anymore; his body was giving out; he had lost too much blood; and it's been almost an hour.

Subaru slowly closed his eyes, and suddenly he heard the sound of the door closing.

He slowly looked up and saw Ram coming with a chair and some tools in her hand.

His eyes went wide when he realized he had died and returned.

I haven't even started yet, and you are already pale. said Ram with a smile.

Well, then I will go easy on you, Ram.

Please, no yelled Subaru.

Let me go, you demon!

Ram picked up a rod from the floor, and in an instant she shoved it in Subaru's right eye.

Subaru started screaming and tried moving his head, but Ram used her left hand to stop his head from moving as she pierced deeper into his eye with her right arm.

Subaru couldn't do anything but scream.

He was indeed in hell, and an eternal one at that.

The rod slowly reached his brain.

Suddenly Subaru was back where Ram was standing with some tools in her hand.