Endless Void

Emilia was walking down the hall with a puck flying near her left shoulder, setting off sparks of ice with every little movement she made.

Did we do the right thing? Emilia said as she was talking.

Puck landed on her left shoulder gently, looked at Emilia, and said, It is the only fate for a witch or anyone related to a witch, Emilia.

But Subaru didn't try to hurt Rem said Emilia was wanting to fight back at his words.

It doesn't matter what he tries, because the power he possesses is evil and unholy. It will only cause more pain and suffering, and nothing else said Puck as knowing it all too well.

But?

There is no but Emilia.

Ram isn't going to hurt him too much, is she?

I don't know, but I am sure she has a good and calm head on her shoulders, so she would most probably just slap him, but yes, Subaru will be executed at a public location.

Well, now, not just normally, if I say so!

said Roswaal as he was coming towards them in his usual walking gesture.

For most people, it's pretty confusing what Roswall usually says, but now even Emilia is confused about what he was planning on.

"What do you mean, Roswall?" said Emilia with a bit of concern.

What I mean to say is that we will tell everyone that the Emilia camp has caught a disciple of the witch of envy with great difficulty and courage, said Roswaal with his head held high, as he was pretty pleased with himself for coming up with such a brilliant plan.

It was a good plan, and it would also bring her closer to her real goal.

After some thinking, Emilia nodded but still didn't feel that they should do something like this.

"Yeah, this should put Emilia on top of others by a huge margin," said puck, nodding his head two times.

"I had a question: Roswaal, shouldn't Subaru's Return by Death be broken now?" asked Emila

"Well, that is a good question, and yes, the witches had died a long time ago, Emilia. Only the cores inside Subaru-kun exited, and even then those didn't make him as strong as the real witches, or do they even have the actual personalities of the witches, just a bunch of toys?" said Roswaal.

Suddenly, puck thought of something.

"Isn't the Witch of Envy still alive?" said Puck with a calm face.

Oh, no, said Roswaal, and as he started running as fast as his legs could

It took Emilia a few seconds to understand that his Return of Death might still be active, and if Ram kills him, then they will be stuck in an endless loop.

Emilia also started running towards the way Roswaal went, leaving a confused Puck.

Roswaal!! 

Ram wouldn't kill Subaru, right?

Well, as much as I know Ram, I think she has already killed him, and we are stuck in a loop, said Roswaal with a smile.

Emilia's face just went pale.

What! 

back with Ram and Subaru

So you are telling me we are stuck in a loop?

Yes, and this is the 12th time, Subaru said, taking a deep breath.

And you expect me to believe that?

Yes, because it's the truth.

I have already checked your body. Your mana od and the witches hearts are all destroyed, said Ram, proving him a lier.

I don't know how to prove it to you, but this is the truth, and you have to believe me.

Ram punched Subaru in the face, and shut your mouth! you devil 

Subaru knew it was the same as criminals yelling from cells that they were innocent to the guards, but even so, he doesn't have any other options.

Some time had passed—maybe a few days? or a month? Subaru couldn't remember.

Subaru was a kind and foolish boy who would sacrifice himself to save others as many times as it was needed, but now his heart only contained hatred and pain.

He looked at her with such malice that even Ram could feel the bloodlust from Subaru, and for the first time, he yelled, If I get out of this damn place, I will skin your sister alive and have you watch every bit of it.

Subaru had gone completely insane.

Do you even know what kind of position you are in right now?

Ram picked up a hot rod that was in the fire and started beating Subaru with it.

But Subaru didn't scream a bit; he just laughed at her.

This made her even furious, and she kept beating him up, and after almost 3 hours, Subaru burned to death.

As usual, Subaru would open his eyes with Ram staring at him, but this time it was different; he was in a dark place with nothing as far as in the distance.

Suddenly, he saw someone walking towards him.

Someone whose presence made this void even more quiet yet full of noise—a feeling he couldn't describe

Suddenly, the figure disappeared from his view.

He looked around to see where it went, and for some reason, he felt fear!

Fear is something born when people don't want to die.

On the other hand, Subaru is someone who has died too many times, and thus he didn't think he could still feel fear.

Suddenly, the shadows in this empty, endless void became quiet not like they were making a sound in the first place; just they gave off a feeling as if there were many people lurking in the shadows talking about him.

I love you...

Suddenly, the figure was behind him, almost touching his body.

Subaru didn't understand what the figure just said—only that it was dangerous to even move a muscle—as this thing was something even worse than death and more evil than evil itself.