Rock Bottom (H.S.)

Hailee Steinfeld Imagine with a Hailee Steinfeld song?? 🤷

Why not??

*Agent Y/l/n, we have movement on the 2nd floor. The fugitive is heading for the center apartment on the South side of the building*

*On it*

I raced up the stairwell of the apartment complex, following their coordinates to the long hallway at the very back, when I soon spotted a dark haired woman at the other end, wearing a similar black-suit to mine.

I sprinted toward the apartment door, and she soon did the same, meeting me in the middle and sharing the same look of confusion. I tugged at my belt, pulling out my ID badge. "Agent Y/l/n, I can handle this. Please step aside."

"Umm, absolutely not," she tugged at her own belt, showing me her badge. "Agent Steinfeld, I was assigned to this operation, this is my fugitive."

"What?.. No," I furrowed my eyebrows, brushing her off with a shake of my head and lifting a hand, reaching for the door handle to the apartment, but she did the same, with both of our hands now on the knob.

"Let go," we both said in unison, "no you!" We both said again and I threw my head back, rolling my eyes as she let out a frustrated sigh.

"Is this seriously how it's going to be?" I questioned, and she took a step forward, glaring at me with a cold stare. "Agent Y/n/n, you're impeding my investigation. I suggest you stand down."

Stand down?.. Who does she think she is?

I looked between her eyes, waiting for her to crack or give in to my hardened glare, but she didn't back down, and seeing that she wasn't going to listen to anything I had to say at this point, I decided to make the first move.

Fine, we'll race..

I pushed the door open, darting into the room and she followed quickly behind, grabbing onto the back of my jacket. "Hey!!"

She pulled me to the floor, jumping ahead of me as our target ran to the bedroom and closed the door, barely locking it before she reached him. "Oh, come on!" I stood to my feet as she pounded her fist on the door. "Open the door! You're under arrest!"

"Yeah, that'll get him," I rolled my eyes, walking towards the door and she flashed me a dirty look. "I got it, sweetheart." I pulled her hand off the doorknob and she fought against my outstretched arm, pushing her aside as I kicked my heel into the door, the first kick tearing the hinges from the frame, and the second busting it open. She ran past me, pausing in the middle of the room and I soon joined her, searching the for my... or our.. fugitive.

"Where the hell'd he go?" she questioned, ducking her head under the bed in confusion, but my eyes soon landed on the glass door to the balcony, spotting the man clearing the top of the metal gate.

"THERE!" I shouted, sprinting out of the glass door as I heard hard footsteps following closely behind. The man was startled by the sight of us running toward him and stepped off the other side of the fence, beginning to fall, but my body couldn't stop its momentum, lunging me over top of the railing and reaching out for his outstretched arms. I caught them, but the force of the movement pushed my torso completely over the railing, quickly followed by my legs.

"Y/l/n!" I heard the girl shout, feeling hands grab at my legs but slipped right through her grasp, causing myself and the target to fall. We fell in a cluster, my body rolling off his with his back and head hitting the ground just before mine did the same, although luckily, my fall was just barely broken by his.