American Horror Show (H.S)

Shout out to @carterradams for the song request!

Also, I have absolutely no experience when it comes to law, so bare with me.. The context is far from accurate HAHA.

But here you go... Hailee Steinfeld x You

-------

"Order in the court," the judge smacked the gavel against his desk, demanding the room's silence. "Go on."

The attorney stood to his feet, clearing his throat. "Defense would like to call, lead forensic psychologist for the state institution, Dr Hailee Steinfeld to the witness stand."

A dark haired woman rose from her seat in the court room, cautiously pressing her thick, black glasses to the top of her nose. Her hands ran down the length of her thighs, brushing away any wrinkles as she sat herself down in the witness booth. The woman was greeted with a brief smile from the defense attorney to which she reciprocated, avoiding another pair of eyes behind the man that she could feel staring into her, and she let out a shaky breath.

"Dr Steinfeld, you were asked by the defense team to conduct a psychological test on the defendant, Y/n L/n. Is that correct?"

She leaned forward to the mic, briefly flicking her gaze to the person in question, but the glance was enough to make her stomach do a flip.

"That is correct. Yes."

"And what were those results?"

...

23 year old Y/n L/n.

Convicted on September 3rd, 2023 for several counts of 1st degree murder and abduction.

Defendant Plea: Insanity

Background on the victims: they were all registered sex offenders. Suspected revenge plot.

Despite the alarming crimes that were allegedly committed by Dr Steinfeld's client, the plea was something that she had heard many times before, and not once had she been fooled by it. The plea of insanity had been attempted in many of her past cases, most of which were false, as it was only in hopes that the criminal might have a more "comfortable" stay during their incarceration.

But crime wasn't something that was taken lightly by Hailee. The doctor had always valued justice, regardless of the empathy that she felt toward the people she had investigated. Prison was a cruel place, but the crimes that were committed in these cases, to her, were far more cruel.

"Dr Steinfeld," the woman raised her head from the documents on her desk, matching the voice to one of the corrections officers. "The inmate is in cell block 3 whenever you're ready. Are you sure you don't want to conduct the study in at least a cell with cameras?" the guard asked hesitantly, well aware of the severity of this particular case.

"Yes, I'm sure. Clients like this have a way of fabricating the truth whenever there are other people watching. Isolation is the only way to get accurate results in this case," she explained, tapping the pile of papers on her desk before standing from her seat, following the officer to the cell.

"Well, be careful with this one," he warned, and Hailee lifted her eyebrows in amusement before noticing the serious look on his own face. "This inmate is a master manipulator. They may seem harmless, but they've taken out men three time's my size easily."