Chapter 4 Metamorphosis

A man, possessed by a demon, sits tied to a chair in the centre of a Devil's Trap. Sam is in front of him, interrogating. A girl stands nearby.

'Where is Lilith?' Sam asks.

'Kiss my ass,' The man responds, his eyes going black.

Sam smiles at that comment. 'I'd watch myself if I were you,'

'Why? Huh? Because you're Sam Winchester, Mr. Big Hero? And yet here you are, slutting around with some demon. Real hero,'

'Shut your mouth,'

'Tell me about those months without your brother. About all the things you and this demon bitch do in the dark,' The woman looks over at Sam. 'Huh? Tell me, hero,' Sam can't control his anger and begins to force the demon out of the man. The demon smoke burns through the floor, and Sam breathes, trying to get himself under control. The woman looks down on the floor where the demon burned through and a little smile plays on her lips. She looks over at Sam, and they exchange a look and Sam gets a little as well. Dean and Hermione look in the window behind Sam, witnessing everything Sam just did. The man is unconscious and Sam touches the neck to check if he has a pulse, which he does. He smiles up at the woman.
'How did it feel?' She asks.

'Good. No more headaches,' Sam begins to untie the man.

'None? That's good,' The man begins to wake up.

'Hey, hey. I got you. It's all right,' Sam says to the man. He helps him out of his chair and begins walking him towards the door, when Dean opens it with Hermione next to him. Sam stops in his tracks. Dean looks very angry while Hermione looks calm, almost sad even.

'So...Anything you wanna tell us, Sam?' Dean asks. Sam looks innocent and the woman stands behind him, just watching Dean and Hermione. Dean walks towards him as Sam talks.

'Dean, hold on, okay? Just let me—'

'You gonna say, "let me explain"? You're gonna explain this? How about this? Why don't you start with who she is, and what the hell is she doing here?' Dean looks at him hard, Sam turns back and looks at the woman who looks completely calm, and even smiles.

'It's good to see you again, Dean,'

'Ruby?' Dean asks. She smiles a little, and he looks at Sam. 'Is that Ruby?' Sam doesn't respond and Dean looks over at Ruby again, whose smile is fading. After a moment, Dean grabs hold of her and shoves her up against the wall. He pulls out her knife and as he's about to strike, Sam grabs his hand.

'Don't!' He warns. They struggle for the knife. Sam gets it out of Dean's hand into his own, just as Dean throws him up against the wall. Hermione grabs the knife out of Sam's hands, putting it in her jacket. Ruby grabs Dean and pins him up against the wall he had her against seconds earlier. 'Ruby! Stop it!' She just stares into Dean's eyes and she keeps a chokehold with her right hand, and he stares right back. Finally she lets go and he rises up to his full height. He looks over at Sam and then back at Ruby.

'Well, aren't you an obedient little bitch?' She doesn't respond but it's clear, she wants to attack him again.

'Ruby,' She stares at Dean for a few more moments, and then looks over at Sam. 'Ruby, he's hurt,' He indicates the man who was possessed earlier. 'Go,' She gives Dean one more look and then turns and walks over to the man, and as Dean watches her, she puts the man's arm over her shoulder, ready to take him out.

'Where the hell do you think you're going?'

'The ER...unless you want to go another round first,' Dean doesn't say anything and she walks out with the man. Dean turns to look at Sam, who is watching him.