Chapter 6 Yellow Fever

Dean is running down a road, hearing growling and barking noises behind him. He turns around a corner and runs into a shopping cart, he falls to the ground. He notices a homeless man rummaging through a garbage bin.

'Run! It'll kill you!' He says pointing towards something behind him. The homeless man looks at what Dean was pointing at and notices a pink ribboned Yorkie. Dean starts running again while shouting at the same time.

Forty-three hours earlier Sam, Dean and Hermione are at the morgue. The coroner opens a body bag.

'Agent Tyler, Agent Perry, Agent Hamilton, meet Frank O'Brien,' The coroner says.

'He died of a heart attack, right?' Sam asks.

'Three days ago,'

'But O'Brien was 44 years old and, according to his a marathon runner,'

'Everybody drops dead sooner or later. It's why I got job security,'

'Yeah, but Frank kicked it here. Now, just yesterday, two perfectly healthy men bit it in Maumee. All heart attacks, you don't think that's strange?' Dean asks.

'Sounds like Maumee's problem to me. Why does the FBI give a damn, anyway?'

'We just want to see the results of Frank's autopsy,' Hermione responds.

'What autopsy?'

'The one you're gonna do,' Dean responds.

Coroner cuts open the dead body. 'First dead body?' He asks.

'Far from it,'

'Oh, good. Because these suckers can get pretty ripe. Hey, hand me those rib cutters, would you?' Sam takes a fortifying breath while Dean picks up the cutters and hands it to the Coroner. He cuts the ribs open while Sam keeps himself from squirming. Hermione was looking at her notes with all her attention. She did however pick up that it wasn't bothering Dean at all.

'Is that from a wedding ring? I didn't think Frank was married,' Dean notices after seeing his fingers.

'Ain't my department,'

'Any idea how he got these?' Sam asks as he picks up Frank's arm which is full of scratches. Hermione takes a picture of it with her phone.

'You know what? When you drop dead, you actually tend to drop. Body probably got scraped up when it hit the ground. Huh!'

'What?'

'I—I can't find any blockages in any of the major arteries,' Coroner breaks off the heart while Dean tries not to vomit. 'Heart looks pretty damn healthy,' He hands the heart to Dean. 'Hold that a second, would you?' Sam smirks on the side. Coroner cuts something else in the body. It hits Sam's face with blood. 'Oh, sorry. Spleen juice,' Dean smirks.

Sam, Dean and Hemrione are sitting down in front of the Deputy's desk, waiting. The Deputy smiles at Dean. The Sheriff opens his office door. 

'Hell's bells, Linus, have you seen my...Who are they?' Sam, Dean and Hermione stand up.

'Federal agents. I, uh...'

'And you kept them waiting?'

'You, you said not to disturb,'

'Come on back, fellas,' Sam, Dean and Hermione walk over to the Sheriff's office but he stops them. 'Shoes off,' Sam, Dean and Hermione take their shoes off and walk into the office. 'Al Britton. Good to meet you,' He shakes their hands.

'You too,' Sam responds. The Sheriff gestures for Sam, Dean and Hermione to sit down. 'Thank you,'

The Sheriff takes out alcohol gel and starts slathering his hands. Dean looks at Sam with a weird look on his face. 'Okay. so, what can I do for Uncle Sam?'