Chapter 9 I Know What You Did Last Summer

Sam is inside of a bar. He appears to be drunk as he plays pool with a man from the bar.

'Brain, come on, man, just one more. Just—just give me a chance to win it back,' He pleads.

'It's your cash,' 

'Excuse me. My brother is a little sauced to be making bets,' Dean cuts in as he and Hermione were watching them from a table not too far from them.

'He insisted,' Brain explains.

'Yeah, but you've already taken, what, two bills off him? I'm just saying,'

'Hey, shut up, Dean. I'm fine,'

'No, you're not fine. You're drunk!'

'Let's make it five hundred,'

'Five hundred?' Dean asks. Hermione takes a sip from her drink and smiles a little.

'Sure,' Brain agrees. Sam puts the money down on the pool table. 'Five hundred. Your break,' Dean looks over at Hermione hoping she would help him stop Sam but she just looks amused. He turns back to the pool table. While Brian isn't looking, Sam raises his eyebrows at Dean. For a second there is no trace of drunkenness. Dean raises his eyebrows at Sam. Sam breaks, sinking several balls, but then notices Ruby across the bar.

'Keep the money,' He says. He puts his cue down on the pool table and walks towards Ruby.

'Keep the money? What—' Hermione and Dean look after Sam also noticing Ruby. After a moment they follow Sam.

'Hey,' Sam says to Ruby.

'Well, you got a lot of nerve showing up anywhere near me,' Dean says when he and Hermione arrive.

'I just have some info, and then I'm gone,'

'What is it?' Sam asks.

'I'm hearing a few whispers,'

'Ooh, great, demon whisperers—that's reliable,' Dean points out.

'Girl named Anna Milton escaped from a locked ward yesterday. The demons seem pretty keen on finding her. Apparently, some real heavy hitters turned out for the Easter-egg hunt,'

'Why? Who is she?' Hermione asks, getting interested in the information.

'No idea. But I'm thinking that she's important, because the order is to capture her alive. I just figured that whatever the deal is, you might want to find this girl before the demons do,'

'Look, maybe we should check it out,' Sam says.

'Actually, we're working a case, but thanks,' Dean points out.

'What case?' Ruby asks. Hermione looks over at Dean asking the same thing in her head.

'Uh, we've got leads, big leads,'

'Sound dangerous,'

'Yeah, well, it sure ain't goose-chasing after some chick who, for all we know, doesn't even exist, just because you say she's important,'

'I'm just delivering the news. You can do whatever you want with it. Far as I'm concerned, I told you, I'm done,'

'Wait, wait, wait. This hospital Anna escaped from—it got a name?' Sam asks.

Dean is driving the Impala and Sam is speaking on the phone. Hermione is in the backseat writing in a journal.

'Can I get a copy of the missing person's report? Great. Okay. Thanks,' Sam hangs up. 'Well, Anna Milton's definitely real,'

'Don't mean the case is real. And this hospital is a three-day drive,' Dean points out.

'We've driven further for less, Dean,' Dean shakes his head. 'You got something to say, say it,'