Chapter 8 Wishful Thinking

Sam, Dean and Hermione are sitting at a table in a bar. Dean is downing shots. Hermione looks at him worried.

'It just doesn't make any sense. I mean, why would Uriel tell me you remembered Hell if you didn't?' Sam asks.

'Maybe because he's a dick. Might have something to do with it,' Dean responds.

'Maybe, but he's still an angel,'

'Yeah, an angel who was ready to level an entire town. Look, I don't know what—'

'Radical. What else can I get you guys?' A cheerful waiter asks.

'Uh, I think we're good,' Sam responds.

'Yeah?'

'Yeah,'

'You want to try a couple of fryer bombs? Or a chipotle chilli changa?'

'No, no, we're—we're still good,' Dean responds.

'Okay, awesome,' The Waiter leaves them.

'Sam, honestly, I have no idea why Uriel told you what he did, okay?'

'Right,'

'What?'

'Okay. Fine. The look us in the eye and tell us you don't remember a thing from your time down under,'

'I don't remember a thing from my time down under. I don't remember, Sam!'

'Look, Dean, we just want to help,' Hermione tunes in.

'You know everything I do. Okay? That's all there is,'

'Outstanding. Dessert time? Huh? Am I right?' The cheerful waiter asks as he returns.

'Dude,'

'Listen, bros. You have got to try our ice cream extreme. It's extreme,'

'Um, no extremities, please. Just the—' Sam begins.

'Check? All right, awesome,'

'Thanks,'

'All right, so, where do we go from here?' Dean asks.

'I'm not sure. Uh, looks like it's been pretty quiet lately. No signs of demonic activity, no omens or portents I can see,' Sam responds.

'That's good news for once,'

'Yeah, just the typical smattering of crank UFO sightings and one possible vengeful spirit. Here, check this out. Uh...up in Concrete, Washington, eyewitness reports of a ghost that's been haunting the showers of a women's health facility,' Dean chokes on his beer. 'The victim claims that the ghost threw her down a flight of stairs. I can see you're very interested,' Sam points out as Dean quickly gets his stuff.

'Women, showers. We got to save these people,' Hermione and Sam share a look.

Dean drops Sam and Hermione off in front of Lucky Chin's Chinese Restaurant.

'I'm not surprised the spirit world chose to make contact with me. I'm something of a...natural sensitive,' The woman, who was attacked by the spirit, explains.

'I can sense that about you, Candace, that whole...sensitive thing,' Sam responds.

'So, what did you say you're calling your book?'

'Oh, well, um...Well, the working title is..."Supernatural". Yeah, I've been crossing the country, gathering stories like yours. But, anyways, you were telling me about your encounter,'

'Yes. Well...Once I saw the apparition, that's when I started to run,' Sam gets distracted by a couple kissing at another table.

'And you said the ghost chased you?' Hermione asks.