Chapter 46

You said, "Hold the line", I won't let go

'Cause I'll be there when you can finally make it home

And I don't mind 'cause we both know

That we'll be fine when you can finally make it home

Vance Joy

************************************************************** 

Wednesday 2nd February 2022

Hi.

We landed at 10pm yesterday and luckily, I was able to get a ticket on the same flight as Lucy and Keira. They said I could stay at theirs that night but they're getting renovations done so she will have to ask Alexia if I can stay with her for however long I am here for. I decided to book a return ticket on the 11th of Feb, because on the 14th I am going to Ireland. That means I am here for 10 days – that sounded good to me. I still didn't have any clothes, or a phone charger for that matter. The only things I had were Ellie's tracksuit, Leah's clothes, my dead phone, air pods, bank cards and my blanket. That was it.

It was 8am and I heard a knock on the door of the room I was sleeping in. I said to whoever it was to come in and it was Keira. "Aitana has some clothes that I know will fit you. Should we go over to hers and get you dressed?" I just nodded before I spoke. "Thank you for letting me come, Kei."

"No problem, come on. Up you pop." She smiled, and I got up, walking with her. I grabbed my bag that had my cards and my dead phone in it and took it with me. Why? I don't know. Lucy came down and came with us, and when Kei knocked on Tana's door, Tana stood there shocked.

"Sorry?" she whispered.

"Hi Tana." I hugged her, tears wanting to come out. I had no idea if they were happy or sad, but they were tears.  

(Everything in Spanish)

"Hey Tana, can Lauren possibly borrow some clothes? She has absolutely nothing with her except her dead phone, and I know you and her are the same size." Lucy spoke.

"Yeah, that's completely okay. Come in."

We walked into Tana's house and a few other Barca girls were there. Not Mapi or Alexia though. "Girls, none of you tell Ale or Mapi that Lauren is here, please." Lucy spoke, and they all promised not to. I went upstairs with Tana and got changed into some random clothes. She originally asked me if I wanted shorts, but I looked up at Lucy, realising they had no idea.

"Okay, but I need to tell you something first." I whispered to the three girls, who just nodded. "My leg has a bandage on it." I hoped they would grasp on. "Why?" Keira asked. Fuck. "Erm. Well. You know I've been a bit unwell and sad recently?" I looked up at Lucy and she clicked on.

"It's okay, you don't have to finish. I'll tell them if they haven't caught on. None of us care about that. I mean, we do. But we don't care in a way that we will comment on it or ask you about it. You're safe around us."

I nodded and took the shorts, before Aitana gave me an oversized shirt. "I do need to go shopping... I need new underwear." I laughed, and Lucy nodded. Tana let me charge my phone at hers while me, Lucy and Keira went to a small shop round the corner, and I bought some things that I would need. I bought dressings for my cuts, underwear (of course), a phone charger, and a diet coke because it was all I wanted right now. Lucy also bought me some things that she thinks I might need. It was just little things, like a pen and a book so I could keep writing, a new toothbrush, a loofa, just things like that. I told her I would buy them, but she refused.