Chapter 50

Fresh roses in my garden need the rain

I've been hoping for clouds, but the stars remain

Fresh roses in my garden need the rain

Heaven sent me your love, but it keeps me chained

Juke Ross

************************************************************************************

Wednesday 23rd February 2022

Oh, Blu.

Leah was picking me up in 20 minutes, and it was 11:20. This meant we would get to the shopping centre at 12, which was an ample amount of time to shop and talk about everything before we headed home.

I had already got showered, dressed, and did my makeup before my mam came up in my room, looking at my bed. I had chosen my off-black cargos with a cropped white shirt, along with my black and white trainers; it may be cold outside, but I was stylish.

 I had chosen my off-black cargos with a cropped white shirt, along with my black and white trainers; it may be cold outside, but I was stylish

"Hey kid, you look good. You're seeing Leah today, yeah?" Katie asked and I nodded. "Yeah. I had no idea what to wear, and to be honest, I'm kind of scared." I replied. "I'll give you one of my jackets. Also, your bed is a mess." she laughed as she started making it.

"Back to your motherly ways I see." I laughed and she nodded.

Captain⭐

I'm here x

"Mam, Leah's here. I'm going now." I spoke as she finished making my bed. "My wardrobe, left hand side, there's a bunch of jackets. Choose one." she spoke, and I walked out, thanking her. I chose a nice black jacket that went well with my outfit, before I walked back in my room, spraying myself with perfume, grabbing my phone and airpods before walking back downstairs.

I got in the front of Leah's car, and she smiled at me immediately. "Hey Lauren. You look nice." she spoke. "You do too. Also, I'm really scared not going to lie." I laughed. "Scared? You know me. Why are you scared?" she asked, and I shook my head.

"Things are off between us. I just don't want it to be awkward." I spoke and she looked at me quickly. "Wanna know what happened yesterday?" she asked, and I nodded. "So, Jordan was making dinner right, and Blu was hyper to the max. Jordan was walking to the table with a bowl full of Doritos with melted cheese on them so we could make nachos and Blu tripped her up. The nachos went EVERYWHERE and Jordan just watched Blu eat them. It was so funny; I was just stood there laughing watching Jordan sat on the floor crying over nachos."

She made me laugh, and it broke the awkwardness straight away. The whole way to the centre, we talked about Jordan and the Doritos and how much trouble Blu got in afterwards, but also how Jordan couldn't stay mad at Blu.