Chapter 49

And I was runnin' far away

Would I run off the world someday?

Nobody knows, nobody knows

Aurora

*********************************************************

Friday 18th February 2022

It's too much.

It's home time! I woke up at 7:00 after snoozing my alarm twice, accidentally; it got to the point where Katie had to come in and wake me up. She sat on my bed as I dreamt about my time in Barcelona and how happy I was there. Maybe one day, me and Evie could move out there, together. It's a big step, but maybe.

"Wake up, babe." Katie lightly shook me, but I didn't wake up; the dream was too good. "Kiddo, we need to leave soon." She spoke again, lying next to me and moving me on her.

"Nena?" I whispered, my head still in my dream. "Not Mapi. Come on, wake up." She slightly laughed. I realised what was happening and woke up. I slowly woke up, apologising to my mam for sleeping in.

"It's okay. You whispered 'nena' to me though. We must talk about that in the car." She laughed again, and I nodded. She got me up and I sat up on the bed, just going on my phone, as she packed my bag and gave me some travel clothes, which didn't help my case. She chose Mapi's shirt and some shorts and left out her jumper too; without realising that they were her's.

Mapi🌹

Hey, I gotta tellllll you something.

Call me. Don't text. I wanna talk to you.

Okay fineeee.

Mapi🌹

Hello.

Katie looked at me confused, so I showed her who it was, she just nodded.

What did you want to tell me?

I asked for you this morning. I was so deep in my dream that I said 'nena' hoping you where there... I was next to Katie.

She started laughing.

It's not funny Maria.

It really is, I'm telling Alexia, wait.

Alexia is there?!

I got so excited.

Ale, you'll never guess what just happened?

"What happened?" I heard Ale next to Mapi.

Lauren whispered 'nena' in her sleep when she was laid next to Katie.

"Does that not tell you something Maria...?"

Ale don't start.

"What? You know it's true."

Goodbye Alexia.

"Byeeeee."

Mapi, I have to tell you something else...

I knew I had to tell her one way or another.

Yes? You sound serious.

Someone took a photo of me and you.