Chapter 54

You tell her it's your friend

But I won't pretend

Cat Burns

**************************************************************

Monday 21st March 2022.

My love, my life, my everything. 

It's Evie's birthday, and after saying goodbye to the family yesterday, I took Evie home and we spent the night together, just us two, watching movies and ordering food

It's Evie's birthday, and after saying goodbye to the family yesterday, I took Evie home and we spent the night together, just us two, watching movies and ordering food. She was still asleep as I made her turn off her alarm, and I got up quickly but quietly, running downstairs and putting the birthday decorations up. I put her presents on the coffee table along with a card.

I started making breakfast of pancakes, sausages, and eggs, ready for her to come down, and while they were cooking, I went to wake her up. "Happy birthday, baby girl." I whispered as I kissed her head. I could tell she was already waking up as a little smile appeared on her face. "Come downstairs when you're ready, okay? I have to go finish making breakfast." I smiled and she nodded, pulling me in for a little kiss. I went back downstairs and plated up our breakfasts while making us both cups of teas.

I saw my girlfriend walk down the stairs just as I grabbed both cups and put them on the table alongside our breakfast. "Good morning, birthday girl." I smiled as she walked up to me, hugging me. We stayed in the hug for a while actually, just standing there and taking in each other. "Breakfast is going to get cold, my love." I whispered, laughing slightly, making her pull away.

We sat and talked about what she wanted to do today while we ate breakfast and I told her that we were going out for dinner tonight; little did she know, it was all the Arsenal girls as well, plus her friends from back home. This is the first time I'm meeting them, but I know she will love it. Farah and Emily were arriving at around 4pm-ish and the meal was booked for 5:30. They had a place to stay, with Emily's mum for the night, but they were coming to ours tomorrow morning to spend the next few days with us and live with us for a week or so. It got to around 11am and I looked up at my girlfriend as we just finished breakfast.