01: Box of Mysteries

Author Note: Welcome to my second CoD fic!

Trigger Warning: Mention of Rape, Pedophilia, Childbirth, pregnancy, dead babies, murder, blood and Gores. Maybe cannibalism.

you've been warned!

------------------------------------

"What the hell—" Price froze and stared into the cage, there inside was a heavily pregnant girl. She sat there looking at them with tired expecting eyes. She's watching them, studying them.

Soap, Gaz, and Ghost come running in. They froze and stared at the cage. She stirs and leans forward her face illuminated by the lights. Her completely white hair was a mess, and her eyes like lamps glowed a faint yellow. Like a lighthouse here eyes move from left to right.

Soap moves first jogging to the cage and squatting down, and flashes the girl a gentle smile. She is no older than 16... maybe she's 14, he couldn't tell. She looked young and gaunt with exhaustion.

"What does the sign read?" Price asks.

"Echidna." Soap calls back.

"What is this?" Gaz mutters walking up to the strange TV screen in the corner. He pushes a few buttons.

The dark room turns bright, as the screen flashes on. There was a familiar face Jake West found of West BioTech. The man stared I got the camera before speaking. His appearance is disheveled and messy.

"This is the Echidna Project. It's finally successful, we have our first Echidna. She has the DNA to advance the human race and create Demigods." The screen states. Task Force 141 looked at each other. This was the rambling of a madman.

"The subject, 0010 is the first successful specimen. She's 10 and we will be inducing her puberty early, it's on schedule to come when she's 12." Soap found himself slowly sneering staring at this man with pure hatred.

"I plan on being the father of the next generation of mankind, the father of evolution!" Dr. West states in a frenzy expression. Ghost looked at the girl, she stared at the screen with fury and anger.

"The side effects are, however ... are unfortunate. We have accelerated the pregnancy process to 6 months. The offspring will be born small but that's no problem for the next generation of demigods. Once she had her first  period, she is considered ready for breeding." Gaz turns to Price, eyes blazing with rage. They— they turn a little girl into a breeding machine.

"The Echidna pregnancy process is incredibly risky due to the accelerated process. And the undeveloped body of the subject. She suffers permanent damage to her reproductive organs." Price stormed to the computer and stopped the recording. That's all they needed.

Silence falls like a pile of bricks. It was broken by Soap, "Let's get you out of this cage." He turns back to him trying to swallow his rage and not scare her.

"What's your name?" Soap asks fiddling with the lock, as he unpicks it.

"Pandora," she said in a thick foreign accent. Soap looks at her, he thinks her accent is Greek, and it fits her name. She however was not Greek, she looked Asian, East Asian.

"Beautiful name," Soap opens the cage and offers the girl a hand. She quietly takes his hands and crawls out. Her limbs were thin, she looked like a newborn giraffe trying to stand, shaky and uneven. Soap drops his gun and helps her stand up.

"Watcher 1 this is Bravo 6 we need immediate emergency Med evac. Found a girl being experimented on, she's heavily pregnant." Price mutters into the radio.

Her stomach is round almost tumorous compared to her size. She's no taller than 5'5", Soap helps steady the poor girl holding her up. Gaz moved closer to the girl, she might need help walking. Ghost stayed back observing the scene.

"The medevac be here in 30, keep her calm, Ghost and I will finish building sweep," Soap and Gaz nod. Gaz retook up his gun as Soap kept his attention on the young girl.

"How old are you?" Soap smiles helping her sit down. He looks around keeping his senses sharp.

"I just turned 16," her voice comes out soft and gentle. Soap paused for a few seconds before nodding, filing her words to memory.

"How long have you been in here?" Soap asks.

"6 years." That made sense, she must be 0010... Soap's lips pull back into a frown. He gently pushes her white hair out of her face.

"Is this your first pregnancy?"

"It's my third." Soap felt sick, poor things had been abused several times. She was like a cattle breed and her children were taken to slaughter— or face a fate worse than death.

"How far along are you?"

"6 months," Soap swallowed hard she was close to giving birth. He looks over to Gaz who gives him the same expression. She's ready to give birth any time now.

"Ok, we'll get you out of here soon." She nods along and they begin to slowly walk out of the room. Soap's only goal was to get this poor girl out of the building.

She stumbles around and Soap realizes he'll need to carry her. She's oddly light for a pregnant woman, but it was still a little awkward to carry her. He sat her down on the grass, she quietly shook the ground a strange smile on her face.

The sun is bright, she winced in pain. she squinted and blinked rapidly taking in her new surroundings. The fresh air of nature calls to her, and for the first time in nearly half a decade, she could taste the smell of nature.

Pandora's eyes slowly widened as a sweet smile spread across her face. She extends a hand grasping at the air. Her eyes scanned the clear sky— eyes tracking birds in the area. Her gaze drops to the muddy floor of the forest, grass patches here and there.

She looked like a child, happy and filled with innocence. Soap gazes at her with his own small smile, his brows pinched together, he pities the poor girl, living like a caged animal not seeing the light of day. Maybe now she can live free.

Two more people appear, Price and Ghost, and they wake to Soap and Gaz. They had a solemn look to them, but their eyes softened seeing Pandora's wide smile. She looked free.

Pandora is out of her box, hope is anew.