《 1 : Raghavendra 》

"काटे चाहे जितना परों से हवाओं को
खुद से ना बच पायेगा तू
तोड़ आसमानों को
फूँक दे जहानों को
खुद को छुपा ना पायेगा तू
कोई भी ले रास्ता तू है तू में बस्ता
अपने ही घर आएगा तू |"

[No matter how much you cut the air with your wings

You'll never be able to escape yourself

Break the skies!

Burn the world!

You won't be able to hide yourself

Take any path. You reside in you.

You'll come back to your own home]

R A G H A V E N D R A

"Yeah, cancel my meeting with the Amex and reschedule it to the 4th of the next month." cutting the call with my secretary, I slid the phone in the lining of my blazer. I had been called by Babasa for an urgent meeting, the topic of discussion was unknown to me, honestly Babasa's mystery element always gets me.

Sighing, I asked my driver, Lakhan Kaka," Kaka, do you have any idea why has Babasa asked for me this urgently?" He looks at the traffic and replies,"Sorry, Kunwarsa but no. Ranasa asked me to just pick you up from the airport."

"Oh, thank you then." I slump into my Rolls-Royce Ghost, wishing to just plunge into my bed and sleep for 2 whole days. But sleep,huh, I wish, if it just pays me a visit. My insomnia has hardly gotten better since I started visiting my therapist.

"We have reached the Mahal, Kunwarsa." Lakhan Kaka informed. He opened the door to my car and I exited, eager to know what got my meeting with the American Express postponed.

I crossed the pavillion, the foyer, the hall area and climbed the stairs three at a time, not caring about my ankle pain as I wanted to know why I was asked to keep my schedule clear for a whole damn month.

I reached Babasa's room and knocked on his door. "Come in." His voice boomed.
He was the Rana (king) of Bikaner, his idea of turning our palaces into hotel chains not only brought us immense profit but also got him the name of 'The Business Savvy King'.

He was appreciated and admired by many. Both me and my younger brother, Aditya, also respect him a lot. He has always taught us to keep our head high in the worst of times.

"Babasa, you asked for me?"
"Yes Raghavendra, have a seat first." He clapped twice,"Bring two cups of chamomile tea."

A maid arrived with the tea. Taking a sip of the tea, I felt refreshed and I looked eagerly at him bracing for whatever is to come.

"Raghav, we have discussed this earlier and I would like to remind you that since you have turned 29 a few days ago, so I have decided to initiate your marriage proposals. And I am in talks with the Rana of Junagadh , for your marriage with his daughter, the Princess of Junagadh, Janakidevi. But first I think you should look into her profile and meet her. This folder contains everything you should know about her."

I blinked in surprise, as Babasa sounded quite determined about this marriage. I had expected this marriage thing to take place after my twenty ninth birthday but since I had turned 27 Babasa had been looking for a suitable bride for me and I reminded him of our deal after which he had backed off.

Heaving an audible sigh, I took the folder and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath I opened the folder that contained a 15 pages document on Princess Janakidevi Bhaal Singhania.
How absurd of the folder to contain everything about a person : the looks, dressing style, fame, kundali and what not but what about who that person is on the inside? Does that get proved in a mere 15 page document?

As soon as I looked at her picture, I was dazed. Her eyes were a fierce black, upturned and large, they were glazing with flames of defiance, pinched with a tad bit of hatred but immensely sharp. Then I looked at her small nose, which was perfectly symmetrical and her bow shaped lips made me clench my jaw already. Her eyebrows were perfectly plucked, but thick black. I glanced at her face wholly and realised she had pale skin and she was wearing a golden saree. She looked like a goddess gleaming in gold.

Further I read her profession was of a real estate attorney and a human right activist leaning towards woman advocacy. I immediately gaped at Babasa as if questioning was this thing real, like woman advocacy? Feminist activist?

He smiled at me,"Your eyes hold the questions to which she has answers, Raghav. I know this is a bit ironical. But I am your father and I will never wish you any bad, so trust me and meet her once. She is a genuine person."

"Have you met her before, Babasa?" "Yes, I have and I saw through her. She is a well-behaved lady. Maybe a true princess in these times."

"I trust your decision, Babasa and I will meet her. I think you should take rest now. And I will send Lakhan Kaka to take away your whiskeys."

He chuckled at me and said,"Beta,hum humaara khayal rakh sakte hai, mujhe bas tum dono ki chinta hai."

(Child, I can take care of myself, I am just worried about you two.)

I smiled at him and exited from his room with the folder containing Janakidevi's details in my hand.

Entering my room, I kept the folder on the dressing table and went to take a cold shower.

As soon as the cold water hit my body, my tensed shoulders relaxed. I kept my hand on the white marble and closed my eyes, and as I did that, those bleak nights flashed in front of me.

Dull nights and Devilish laughter

Partying and propositioning

Wildness and wasted

Jadedness and jeered

I opened my eyes in urgency and took five deep breaths one after another just as Rohit, my therapist had asked me to do whenever I felt trapped. I let the cold water take away all my demons and closed my eyes once again. But now instead of darkness all I saw was a golden goddess. Opening my eyes. I blinked in shock. Oh my god, did I just dream of the princess? What is happening to me? I have just seen her in a photo and this impact? Do I need to get laid? Ugh, no no!!

Putting away the thoughts of everything, I wrapped a towel around my abdomen and entered the living room.

I dressed in my normal clothes and took the folder and read everything about the princess Janakidevi and was greatly impressed looking at her achievements.

Then I saw a ten digit number written at the back of her photo. I was shocked to see that Babasa indirectly asked me to contact her too.

Taking a deep breath, I typed the no. on my phone and sent a message to it.

"Is this Miss Janakidevi Bhaal Singhania's no.?"

My text was read and I saw three dots dancing, I unknowingly bit my lower lip in nervousness,maybe? Nervousness? Why the hell was I getting nervous? I am a Rajput for god sake, I don't get nervous. I make people nervous.

Then she replied" Yes, who's this?"

---------------

1282 words, woah! Now that was exciting and tiring at the same time.

So this was the first chapter with the ML Pov. I hope you guys liked it.

Share your thoughts on comments.

I will update it when I feel like which wont be too late, though.